Hinting to Santa I want a vacuum, but what kind?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
I have Double K clippers that I really love and would like to look at their 2000EV or 2000PV dryer/vac.

Has anyone purchased either of these Double K dryer/vacuum and what is your comment either good or bad?

Reply would be much appreciate before purchasing.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks.

We have an older 2000 series and LOVE it. We blow the horses before clipping them and get rid of the dust and dirt that dulls the clipper blades.

We have also blown dried them when wet.

We used to use a shop vac, but it was so noisy in comparison.

Thsi is a great unit. Highly recommended.

Gosh, I'm not sure which Double K model I have but I know I love it! I haven't used all the attachments that came with it as I use it as a blower, not a vac, but it has been the single most valuable grooming tool in my barn and I would never have minis without one again. I like how the air it blows is just the right temperature (enough to be pleasantly not-cold but without drying the skin) and it's effective without making me feel like I'm pointing a leaf blower at the horse. Kody isn't real fond of it (he's got issues
default_rolleyes.gif
) but Turbo likes it well enough and to my shock Spyder, my 30+ Arab, ADORED it!
default_new_shocked.gif
He was resigned to every other power tool I ever used around him but when I half-heartedly tried the blower just so he wouldn't feel left out he snorted, jumped, then froze and about fell over with delight. If he were a cat he would have been purring. Being groomed with the blower was a special treat for him after that.

For big horses I consider it just a convenience but for the minis a blower is a must. It dries that heavy winter coat when they're sweated or have been bathed for clipping, it lets me get down to the root of the hair to find and treat fungus patches, I can get them really clean for parades or other winter driving events, and I've found with enough Show Sheen and blowing I can even do that God-awful first spring clip without bathing first. Without tracks or dulling the blades!
default_new_shocked.gif
I can brush Kody for an hour and still find entire pine needles surfacing out of his coat (yes, 2" long pine needles. Lots of them. Totally invisible in that coat!) or I can blow him off for ten minutes and get rid of them all. Gee, wonder which one I prefer?

I really should try the vac setting though I guess. I break out 24 hours after grooming because my pores get so clogged from all the billowing dust coming off the horses!
default_laugh.png

Leia

I agree with Leia, I rarely wash them anymore. Just blow them laser sheen and clip.

Also great for getting horses ready for their new clients, and photos.

I do not think we have used the suction since we first got it. We use the blowing all the time. I think we have only used two of the implements with any regularity. They just work, so why change them!

Also, where is the best place to purchase & price Double K Vac/blower 2000EV or PV? Just in case Santa needs to know, it would be good to have info in advance.
default_biggrin.png

We bought directly from Double K, but an internet search would be a good idea when "Santa" is ready to buy and see if there are any on sale elsewhere.

I would think winter is a slow sales time and there may be some available on sale.

I have the Double K - the 2000EV I think, but would have to check to be sure. I really like it. I do use the vacuum rather than the blower.

I got mine from Jeffers several years ago. They had about the best price I could find at the time.

I have the electrogroom. It is big, but it sits inside my feed room and I have a tie ring right outside the door for whomeve Iam grooming. It is awesome. Two motors, you can turn one off it you want a lighter suction. You can also use it as a one or two motor blower. Love it!!!

Latest posts

Back