What is your favorite color(s) on a horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with what Shari & MiniV both stated...and then, with that said...
default_wink.png

My favorite colors are Champagne, Palomino, Buckskin, Bay & Chestnut.

So far... I have the Champagne & Palomino, both in pinto. I also have a solid bay, chestnut, amber champagne, gray-amber champagne, and 2 grays.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite color is:

Bay and white, black and white pinto markings.

Black, or Bay horse

I love chrome, gotta have chrome!!!!! HOWEVER, it's funny. I bought my little Dakota without any. I feel in love with him because I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. I love his perfect small head, I just can't wait to clip him and see what's under all that hair. It's like your waiting for Christmas.....

Lastly I like dun pintos....

However, conformation comes first. TJ

I've seen homely horses in just about every color they come, so I go with conformation first! On temperment, I agree with Shakespeare, "mild, or come not near me!"
default_nono.gif
default_laugh.png

But as to what catches my eye:

I like the rich, saturated colors; reds, golds, and blacks.

I like solid colors with built-in contrast, like bay, bucky, pali, dappled grey, and flaxen-maned chestnut.

I like white on a horse, but only to a point. Too much, and I find it noisy and distracting. A tobiano/sabino may be ho-hum to some, but it's music to my eyes!

I'm not wild about appies as a rule; I particularly don't care for the way they usually roan out. But I do like a blanket app, especially in black or bay.

I guess my favorite color would have to be, the color of the horse I'm loving on at the moment!

I think I just like horses!
default_rolleyes.gif

My favorite color for a mini would be buckskin. Though I do have a sweet spot for sorrels in their winter woolies! :p

[SIZE=14pt]There is no bad color on a good horse. That statement is so true!!![/SIZE]

But my favorite and for most color would be bay pintos or black pintos. I'm a huge sucker for those pintos and I like them to be black based. HOWEVER, I take good minds and comformation over the color any day.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back