What is your favorite color(s) on a horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
What is your favorite color(s) on a horse???
default_drool5.gif

my favorites are...

#1 roans ( any color)

#2 appys (leopards & snow caps)

#3 golden buckskins

# 4 bays

I own 2 bays, 1 bay roan, and 1 smutty buckskin roan

Last edited by a moderator:
Black or Bay with Pinto patterns
default_wub.png

My favorite color...... first and foremost....is a..................... Good Temperament!
default_laugh.png
Am one of those people that think a good horse has no color.
default_wink.png

My favorites are bay roans and buckskins. I am a tobiano lover and my dream color would be a buckskin pinto. I bred for one last year, but the mare didn't take
default_sad.png
I do agree with Shari, my two favorite horses are my least favorite colors, appy and gray (they have won me over a little though
default_wink.png
), go figure!

Black is my favorite color for any pattern but as for patterns my favorite is definitely leopard or near leopard appies. I would have to say a nice blanketed appy is always nice too. Next is pintaloosas.

Then would be pintos and then solids.

colors:

Black

really rich colored silver bays not the lighter ones

Blue roans

bay roans

mahogany bays

red roans

liver chestnut

I also love a good grey not like the silver dapple ones but more towards like Egyptian king type grey.

Ok so maybe I like every color and pattern
default_rolleyes.gif
. I just find a horse with good conformation and then decide if it is a color I can stand but generally if it is a nice enough horse I will like it regardless of color.

Shari said it.......

A beautiful horse starts with a beautiful temperament ...... then the conformation, of course. If the horse is nasty I don't care what it looks like (sort of like getting to know a person).......And if it's well put together, but still nasty? Well, it's nice to look at but I don't want to deal with it daily.....again, like a person.
default_laugh.png

Pinto (any)

Appy (Black Blanketed)

And what do I have? Silver Dapple, Black Bay and Brown.

I greatly prefer solid color horses but do like facial white and white feet if it's on all fours or in the back (I know, picky). I do not usually like a horse with odd eyes (one blue, one brown) but I do like partial blue eyes
default_smile.png

My favorite colors:

• Buckskin
  • Silver Dapple
  • Double Dilute
  • Palomino
  • Grey
  • Grulla / Grullo
With our mares, we have just have my favorite colors -- 5 buckskin, 3 perlino, 2 silver dapple and 1 grey-grulla
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

In reflection of the sentiment that the best color is a good disposition, in my opinion THE best color is actually good conformation
default_biggrin.png

With all the minis and horses I have owned and handled, I actually never have run into one with a bad personality... Especially in minis, I've found a good disposition is honestly the norm but also that it's often used to "excuse away" real physical flaws that shouldn't be reproduced -- like "this stallion may not have show conformation but he's got the sweetest personality"
indifferent0014.gif

Color is the least important factor for me. Conformation is always first with me. I try not to be color blind.

Now, if I could have the conformation and then pick any color, it would have to be black. Not a washed out black, but one that was shinny and black as black can be.

Then Buckskin, palomino, bay.....

Well my favorite color is solid Chestnut or with some chrome. I do not own a mini one of those but Ravens 20 something pony is chestnut

We have 9 minis of those

My least favorite is any form of appy ironically we own 2 of those

Next on my least favorite is pintos we own 4 of those

Next least favorite color is bay we own 3 of those

Guess it goes to show I do not pick a horse by it's color
default_smile.png
You can quickly learn to love any color on a horse when you love the horse

If I could have any colour in Miniature it would be a truly golden palomino. Not those washed out whitish yellow Isabella types or the sooty ones, but the deep, clean, burnished gold. I have not yet seen one in Minis although I had one in full size.
default_smile.png

The color of horse that will always catch my eye first are Palominos and buckskins We started out with a silver Buckskin we bought as a weanling called Peanut then aquirred his dam Rip-Lin-K Golden Babe a Palomino. Now we have many horses of different colors enjoy them all

In a herd of horses my eyes are always drawn to the black horse in the group. I also love the liver chestnut color that is very rich with a flaxen mane and tail. Then I would have to say palaminos that are the true golden color with white manes and tails.

I also enjoy a silver dapple that is darker in color and with major dapples. They can be very striking to look at.

When owning a horse it has to have an awesome personality and be very well mannered.

Latest posts

Back