What is your faverite fair food?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it all...I think the price of fair food freaks me out more than the calorie intake! But it's well worth it...I really like fried cheese, funnel cakes, and fair hot sausage!

Here is an elephant ear aka scones:

Elephant ears

I've never had a fried snickers, but I do love fried icecream...I love anything fried really!

Elephant Ears are these giant pieces of fried dough (usually so big they hang over the edges of the paper plate on all sides by several inches) covered in cinnamon and sugar, or jam, or powdered sugar, or....Oh, my God, so good! :aktion033: I've always had the cinnamon and sugar variety but the others look awfully tasty too.

In Washington at least they are quite separate from the scone booths.

I've got to admit to curiousity regarding how you deep fry ice cream or chocolate myself.
default_unsure.png
: Anyone want to explain that one?! LOL

Leia

Oregon Dairy Wives soft vanilla ice cream is by far #1 on my list! Scones for breakfast, teriaki chicken sticks, loaded baked potatos, bloomin' onion - there is just too much to name.

Jean

Well of course cotton candy(have to share with my nephews though), then beaver tails(what we call elephant ears here), hot apple cider on those cold days, milkshakes and the list goes on and on. Can't wait for the fair I am showing at to come, have to wait though a little while yet. :lol:

OMG! ELEPHANT EARS!!! :aktion033: I didn't get to go to any fairs this year, so I am having a little bit of withdrawal. I am also on an ongoing quest to find the perfect curly fries--I love the hand cut ones that are super long! And Lemon Shake-Ups. Yum!

Wow, lol would anybody care to explain to me what an elephant ear is? And fried icecream and snickers? How is that possible. I think I need to come over for a holiday...

Elephant Ears are very different from scones.........at last here in the Pacific Northwest.

Elephant Ears are a huge slab of deep fat fried soft/chewy batter (looks much like its namesake) that's been dipped in cinnamin (sp) and sugar.

Scones are made from the same batter as shortcake (baked) and are filled with usually a raspberry jam or preserve.

Can't help you with how they make fried ice cream. And the only snickers I'm familiar with is the candybar.

MA

Yakisoba noodles with chicken (tastes different at the fair somehow...lol)

Grilled corn on the cob...lots of butter

bloomin' onion (altho i can only eat a few bites usually)

dairy women ice cream...yummers!!!

The deep fried snickers are frozen candy bars that have been dipped in a pancake like batter and then deep fried. The candy bar barely melts but the outside coating is golden brown.

Our State Fair is in 2 weeks and spiral fries with cheese and a Pronto Pup (corn dog) are on the top of my list :lol:

Peg Balthazor

I love bloomin onions, but heck, you can get those at the steakhouse so I pass on those.

Elephant ears, corn dogs, FRIED TWINKIES! Man, you haven't tried anything until you have had a fried twinkie.

I haven't been near a fair in years, so these are all just fond memories. Maybe now that I have a new knee I will be able to cruise Quarter Horse congress, the goodie wagons are all over the place during that show. :bgrin :aktion033:

I myself had never heard of an elephant ear called a scone, but when I pulled up the recipe...that's what it said so I guess there are some who refer them as the same. In the recipe I pulled up, it does not have any filling but calls it a scone as well as an elephant ear ?????????

Yay! :aktion033: You and I can go and eat them together!

MA...I'll be there monday....plan on it!! :bgrin
Okeedokee! And if you're game.........Bri will join you with a corn on the cob! She's NUTS for those.

MA
well, as much as i'd like to eat a corn on th cob at the fair... i wont be able to this year...only have use of one arm at the moment <pout>

Yay! :aktion033: You and I can go and eat them together!

MA...I'll be there monday....plan on it!! :bgrin

Okeedokee! And if you're game.........Bri will join you with a corn on the cob! She's NUTS for those.

MA

well, as much as i'd like to eat a corn on th cob at the fair... i wont be able to this year...only have use of one arm at the moment <pout>

Silly..........We can HOLD it for you! :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

I think it would be kinda fun to watch Linda try to eat corn-on-the-cob with one hand... Remember, we wouldn't be laughing with you, we'd be laughing AT you!

I think it would be kinda fun to watch Linda try to eat corn-on-the-cob with one hand... Remember, we wouldn't be laughing with you, we'd be laughing AT you!
LOL....thanks a lot Susanne!!! Nice to have friends like you!
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
: :bgrin

Oh YUMMMY! It's almost that time of year here too. Our fair starts in September.

I have sooooo many favorites! Deep Fried Cheesecake being one of them. Same as the snickers really, a frozen piece of cheesecake is dipped in pancake batter and fried. The cheesecake gets all gooey but is still somewhat cold.............YUMMY YUMMY
default_wub.png
:

Another favorite here, it's a New Mexico thing........ Chile Relleno Dogs. Take a hotdog wrap some cheese around it, put the whole thing inside of a green chile pepper, dip it in corn dog batter and fry it up, it's soooooo good :new_shocked:

Back