What is your faverite fair food?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Well its fair season, our county fair is this week and as much as i like how competitive amhr/aspc is ..i have to say i look forward to our local fair all year as normally my isle way is the hit of the horse barn. This year i took 6 (well, techincally 7, i had to take my sisters mare along with my suckling) and then my other friend took 3 so we have half the barn to ourselves and i must say, i love it.

Anyway, the other thing i love about fair season is the food. There is just something about fair food, now of course its not the most healthy meal on the planet ..i know, but for one week a year i will diet all year around!

Normally, i stick to the basics ...fried cheese, frys, funal cakes ...you know ...the basics.

This year i went all out and got adventurus, i've found that blooming onions (its like a large onion that looks like of like a blooming flower fried), ribbon chips (its like the onion thing, a patato that explodes into ribbons) ..oh and they are even better LOADED with cheddar, creme chease, bacon ..oh yum. Fried oreo's ..! Giant tenderloine, had my first and oh it was good.

I love fair good season, luckly in this heat you work it off so i guess that isnt quite as bad right?

So what is your faverite fair food? Come on everyone share! Even my health food friends let themselves go during fair week
default_smile.png

Oh yeah, top it off with a blueberry shaved ice or lemon shake up and it is heavonly
default_smile.png

:lol: :lol:

First we must start out with a Bloomin Onion
default_yes.gif
: then off for a funnel cake with whipped cream and fruit on it then on the way out gotta have a bag of cotton candy for the ride home!

well....fries and gravy of course, elephant ears!! cotton candy and candy apples and I have to get enough of both of those for my horses too cuz they will attack you if they see you eating either of those things. Love watching them get goober mouths eating a candy apple LOL :bgrin

Favorite fair food at our Iowa State Fair...the corn dogs! :bgrin The malts at the Dairy Booth are awesome!

how about fried snickers, fried ice cream, pepper poppers, there are all kinds of goodies at the fair

Death on the midway...

I have to behave myself, and fortunately most of those things don't appeal to me even if I could eat them, but there is one treat that I can't resist and will just have to make allowances for...

The Dairy Women's milkshakes!!!!! Oh, may!!!!!

Really, depends on the Fair.

Fisher Scones at the ORSF, Hawaiian shave ice (NOT snow cones...ewww), Curly Fries and a Gyro.

Luckily, we will be spending several days at the ORSF starting Sunday, so have an opportunity to spread out the fun.

At Puyallup Fair, I like to get the Cow Chips cookies.

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]yum...greasy, sugary fair food! let's see if I had to pick just one thing it would be funnel cake...but then there's the bloomin' onions and gyro's...my mouth is watering...i love fair food :lol: , Nikki[/SIZE]

I'm looking forward to the scones, gyros, and the oriental noodles!

MA

first off Id have to tell you im from a good southern family that fries everything. my wife however didnt learn to fry. So when Im turned loose at a fair I go crazy. real corndogs are my favorite but Ill eat anything deep fried.fried icecream, fried snickers, fried cheese,etc...MMMMMMM!!! DR.

SCONES!!! Oh my God, scones. Drool.
default_eat.gif
:

I also have to have an elephant ear each year although I can no longer make it through more than half of one before I feel sick. It doesn't matter, elephant ears are the only thing I've ever found that my conservative well-mannered elderly Arab will happily climb a stall wall for.
default_whistling.gif
: I always gave him the last half as a reward for being stalled for three days and now Kody gets (less of) them for the same thing. The boys, big and little, also adore carmel corn as a special fair food. During a three day fair I think they each get a good chunk of scone, part of an elephant ear, usually some carmel corn or a piece of leftover baked potato, and of course a lot of carrots. They love fairs as a consequence! LOL The rest of the year they don't get junk food, but it's so hard to resist their begging when I've brought goodies back to eat at the barn. :eek:

I tend to avoid the deep fried foods. I live on scones in the morning, a cheeseburger and salad for lunch, and baked potatoes or salmon for dinner. It leaves more room in my arteries for all the desserts!

Leia

Wow, lol would anybody care to explain to me what an elephant ear is? And fried icecream and snickers? How is that possible. I think I need to come over for a holiday...

Me? CORN DOGS! That is a must have.

And 1 cinnamon roll on the way out. I've never had any of those other things you all mention. I'm a cheap date! LOL!

Since we're camping on the fairgrounds at OrSF, I'll need to scout out a good espresso stand or else bring along my coffee maker...MUST HAVE COFFEE...MUST BE GOOD COFFEE!!

Don't do this all in one day or I'd certainly be sick. I usually go to our state fair 2-3 times during its run in OKC. Have not been the last couple of years as it is going at the same time the "R" Nationals do, so will miss all those goodies again this year---DRATS.

First stop--Cinnamon Roll--HUGH, hot from oven and oh, so gooy :aktion033: :aktion033:

Then on to the Wisconsin Cheese vendor for fried Cheddar Cheese balls and Fried Veggie plate

Next stop--Oklahoma Pork Council booth for a Pork Burger or Pork Chop sandwich

Next--the hot fresh corn on the cob with lots of butter :bgrin

A Sausage Dog with lots of grilled Peppers and Onions

An Indian Taco

Last buy not least--a big huge bag of cotton candy and a candy apple as I leave

OH, almost forgot--go back by the cinnamon roll booth for extras to take home.

Funnel cakes and corn dogs!! This thread is making me hungry :lol:

And I would also like an elephant ear explanation; I've never even heard of that before!

DEFinataly the donouts that they make right there they like throw it in the deep fryer than sprinkle icing sugar on them omg so good :new_shocked:

Latest posts

Back