What is your 'DREAM BARN'?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say my dream barn would consist of 8 to 10 stalls for my personal horses, and if I decided to, board a few horses, or better yet, foster some for rescue, as well as several group pens for keeping my llamas in. Each would have an electrical outlet on the stall front for heated buckets, a fan, or clippers, as well as a tie ring and rubber mat to groom horses on. Each stall would be 12x14 feet (I know, overkill.)I would be certain to make the stall dividers and doors to mini/pony height for proper air ventilation, and so the horses could socialize, yet with a few modifications, could be easily converted for standard horse use. I would include a locking tack room as well as a locking feed room, and a 10 foot wide aisle with large industrial, sized ceiling fans down the length of the aisle way to circulate airflow. I would love to have all the stalls open into paddocks, as I am a firm believer in leaving the doors open and allowing the horses to come and go as they please. And one thing I found out earlier this winter that I would love to have, and would certainly use, would be a wash/grooming stall with hot and cold water, and heat lamps suspended and wired safely from the ceiling for placing horses under in the winter if need be.

Everyone's dream stables sound very nice!!

Dan.

Hi, I am a newbie first time posting.
default_saludando.gif

My Dream barn I would like a insulated large barn with 5 - 10 X10 stalls, 2 -12x 12 stalls and 2 -12 x 12 pens for my goats with all having rubber mats, auto waters heated in the winter and with doors out to small pens for each stall. Along with a heated room with hot water for bathing and clipping. A feed room with room for a cart storage and tack. Inside round pen and with alley big enough to work a horse in to. A small attached barn on the side with door into bigger barn for hay storeage and for bedding. Hmm I think that is it. OH forgot to put sky lights down the middle of the barn to let in natural lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou everyone for the replies! A lot for me to read, holy wow hahaha!!! But I think that living quarters in a dream barn are a must.. plus automatic waterers!

I rented my facilities after I moved from my "home town." My favorite one a old fashioned barn with an attached apartment. I loved being able to walk out into my barn anytime -rain, sleet snow, or at midnight to do barn check or talk over my problems with my favorite old mare.

I have a nice cozy tack room, a roomy wash stall, six 14x12 stalls and an 8x8 stall I added for our mini, Domino. I was able to do that because across from the wash stall was open space, about 16X12. In that space was also a big cabinet for supplies. It had loft over the stalls with the aisle open. Big sliding doors on one side and the end opposite the apartment.

There were 20 acres of pasture, a big arena and a round pen. We also had a equipment shed for tractor and horse trailer. We had some little trails around the property.

I taught lessons, had camps and a very nice little group of boarders. The property was sold to developers and I never had another place I loved as much. Small, efficient and fun. Lots of good memories.

donnalee..l have your book nice read lots of all around info on the mini..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I recommend a steel barn and not wood. After you have seen one barn fire you will think twice before even building a wood barn again.

Latest posts

Back