What is the WCMHR?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMH

Reaction score
I know it is the World Class Miniature Horse Registry, but how did it form and why? I went to the website but there wasn't alot of info on who they are and what they are trying to do. Is anyone on here members and/or show in that circuit?

It's nothing that is really great. I think of it as a glorified 4-H. It's basically a registry for any Miniature

Last edited by a moderator:
First off the say somthing is glorified 4-H is pretty snobby. I've been a4-H leader for 20 years, there is not ab etter program in the US to teach kids baout horsemanship and showmanship. MayMiniaturePrincess429 ,you should look into it.
default_smile.png

As I understand it WCMHR was forumed so some of the VERY NICE miniature horse who have lost thier paperwork, mostly due to owners.

And not just ANY horse can be WC, they have standurds that the horse MUST met to be registered with them. I think in someways higher standruds the AMHA. I see no where in thier handship apps that say the " horse must be inspected by a vet.

Speak not of what you do not know.

WCMHR is a great thing if you live close enough to attend their shows. They put on an awsome show every year and give points and awards for other shows as well. They have been VERY generous about donating prizes and sponsorships of our mini club's open shows as well. These folks have been great to work with and I think their registry is a great opportunity for a lot of folks!

As for the question about 4-H...I think this link can explain better than any post.
default_smile.png

http://www.4husa.org/

-Amy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to register is WCMHR, I would do it soon. I don't see it closing or anything, but the prices keep going up. When I registered my two AMHA/AMHR horses in it 2 years ago, I think the price was $15 each (whether the horse is registered in other registries or not), now the price is $30 I believe and if the horse is not in AMHA/AMHR, the cost is $75. I know nothing about the history of WC.

I don't even show, but when I looked into it, I went ahead because it was so cheap and you get a free magazine too.

Some people will never hold WC in high regard, but you never know, since AMHA/AMHR keeps getting more and more expensive and parts of the registries are closing, maybe someday it will be as big as AMHR/A.

I have seen pics of some of the shows (none around me) and their shows look very competitive.

This is a cool topic, I always wondered about WCMHR....I didn't know if it was equivelant to A/R registration or what...but you could be onto something, maybe WC registration is going to become even more important than A/R someday!

I would love to hear more opinions on the world class registry, is it really something people don't see very highly about or what? now I am interested lol!

First off the say somthing is glorified 4-H is pretty snobby. I've been a4-H leader for 20 years, there is not ab etter program in the US to teach kids baout horsemanship and showmanship. MayMiniaturePrincess429 ,you should look into it.
default_smile.png

As I understand it WCMHR was forumed so some of the VERY NICE miniature horse who have lost thier paperwork, mostly due to owners.

And not just ANY horse can be WC, they have standurds that the horse MUST met to be registered with them. I think in someways higher standruds the AMHA. I see no where in thier handship apps that say the " horse must be inspected by a vet.

Speak not of what you do not know.
Oops, I didn't mean to sound snobby
default_unsure.png
: I did 4-H for a while, in Hirem (sp?) Tails 'n' Trails 4-H club. What I ment was that while you can do a few things with the WCMHR it's not like AMHA or AMHR, the market is not that big for horses just registered with the WCMHR.

Sorry

in my area these papers are not valued at all. In the midwest a horse with WCMHR papers only would be the same as an uregistered horse. I do know a lot of people have had trouble getting papers once they sent in money. Also there were a lot of problems with the last two shows. I did read that they were already closing this registry which i cannot understand at all since its so new. I really dont see it ever getting the recognition of amha or amhr.

I have shown at the WCMHR show. The classes were huge and the competition was very good. There are a lot of nice horses that show there. We have won a supreme in B geldings. We also, got a reserve championship out of 18 in liberty. I can't think of the other placings right off.

I have shown horses for almost 30 years. I haven't shown at nationals or the world show, but this show was a nice way for those who can't show at them to be able to show with big classes and good competition.

Most of my horses are WCMHR registered, in addition to AMHR / AMHA, because I used to send or go to their shows, but not anymore and no plans to ever show WCMHR again. The papers do not add value to the horses in my opinion. The registry is a small operation and really disorganized. I'm like a broken record, but the last straw for me was that in 2004, they do not know who got what for many of the classes at their "National" show. Can you imagine that happening at the AMHR or AMHA Nationals / Worlds??? That and the fact that some of my friends paid for registrations, made calls, yet still never recieved them. For my TIME and my money, the only registries for me are AMHR and AMHA.

Latest posts

Back