What is the Best Miniature Horse book to read/buy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLover2006

Reaction score
Hi everyone :saludando: ,

I am looking for a very good book about Miniature Horses. Like a book that has colors, conformation, breeding, driving, feeding, basic care.....I just would like a book that I could keep in handy....Could anyone reccomend a good book to read and a must have?

Thanks so much!
default_wink.png
:

The "bible" on miniature horses would be Barbara Naviaux's book: "Miniature Horses - Their Care, Breeding and Coat Colors". It's around $40 and can be purchased direct from Raintree Publications.

http://raintreepublications.com/ Her book is currently on the home page for the publisher.

I agree with Chanda and Rose!!!

Another one I think is good to have handy is Miniature Horses: A Veterinary Guide for Owners and Breeders. It has info about medical stuff and feeding. Also stats for normal temp, etc. I keep a copy of that in my horse medicine box.

I agree 110% with both books mentioned above. I have both.....and find them to be irreplaceable!
default_yes.gif
:

I agree with Chanda and Rose!!!

Another one I think is good to have handy is Miniature Horses: A Veterinary Guide for Owners and Breeders. It has info about medical stuff and feeding. Also stats for normal temp, etc. I keep a copy of that in my horse medicine box.
I have that one sitting here on my computer desk and it completely slipped my mind. But, then if you could see my desk, you'd know why.
default_wink.png
: :eek:

I agree also. Barbara's book is the BEST especially if you are only buying one book. You won't be sorry.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back