What is it that excites you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
There are a lot of you out there that are breeding Champions for yrs and even for the newbies through a lot of education and being open to idea are also nailing their breeding.

So I was just wondering what is it about your breeding programme that gets you all excited and when you see the results of your planning how do you feel.

I am waiting on my first foal this yr which is 3 yrs in the planning now and I am hoping for somthing that might have the X Factor (I know we all have those dream)

My mare is BMHS bred by Rabbitzfizz and is just gorgeous. She is very correct with a lovely length of neck and with movement that we could only hope our big horses could have. She is a middle weight but a gorgeous one. The sire of this foal is AMHA and a beautiful Buckskin boy. I have high hopes for this foal as I have seen what she has produced with my previous stalliona and a friends AMHA stallion. I hope that I am improving in my attempt to better the miniature here in Ireland.

Dont worry I will be bragging about this little one when it arrives lol

But please share your stories on your breeding programme and how it excites you.

Horses like this, Redrock Magic Maker, excite me about my breeding program.
default_yes.gif

247020_10150198391457284_641792283_7303034_3906640_n.jpg

Pictured above at 7 years of age and 30" in height, this is the type of horse I am breeding. The loud color pattern is just icing on the cake!

Magic Maker is siring foals that are winning in the show ring. From Champion and Reserves, to World Champions and Top 10's. To further my breeding program, I added this year, Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive, 30" bay pinto Supreme Halter Champion.

1-11SantaFeSoImpressive.jpg

His first foals will be arriving next year including one out of a World Reserve Champion daughter of Magic Maker. I think these crosses are going to be fantastic!

Im excited waiting for next year when RHA Rangers Absolut's first irish born foals arrive , he has covered 6 of my mares and I know there is going to be some special ones to look forward to , my homebreds have always done well for me in the past - always getting placed and winning the odd championship but Im hoping Absolut's foals will take me to a whole new level ,his foals are refined and correct with smooth barrels , he seems to put long legs and necks on all of his babies , he has already proved himself in the ring and in the breeding barn - among his youngstock are european , state , world and national champions ...its time to add some irish champions to that list
default_biggrin.png

Becky your boys are stunning !!!!!!

Absolut3edit.jpg

225393_1713632208347_1464433788_31368782_2975086_n.jpg

Absolut8edit.jpg

180942_1657414269939_1074572782_31447710_7656932_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend I'm clipping a group of fillies that represent three generations of our breeding. Next month I get to announce the stallion I purchased specifically to cross on them, and he's pretty special (8 World titles!). Though I won't see the 4th generation foals for a couple more years, I'm excited as all get out to daydream about them.
default_biggrin.png

What I like about my breeding program is that my foals get better and better every year. I look back at some of the pictures of my foals in the past, and though they did well in the show ring, my foals today are that much nicer. Sure wish I could show this year. With the move, it will have to wait until next year.

Horses like this, Redrock Magic Maker, excite me about my breeding program.
default_yes.gif

247020_10150198391457284_641792283_7303034_3906640_n.jpg

Pictured above at 7 years of age and 30" in height, this is the type of horse I am breeding. The loud color pattern is just icing on the cake!

Magic Maker is siring foals that are winning in the show ring. From Champion and Reserves, to World Champions and Top 10's.

Becky, that is a very unusual and gorgeous photo of Magic Maker! You've got a great stallion lineup going there!

Everything! Obnoxious? Maybe... but we just really love what we see in our mares, our stallions, and our foals. It took years to put it together, and we feel blessed. We make foals that we'd want to buy if we didn't already own them
default_wub.png

What excites me is everytime I look at my stallion, he still takes my breath away. I have his first colt and I just smile everytime I turn him out, he has attitude, conformation and my favorite color, silver bay. Our plans are to geld him to show next year. I will have new pictures soon to show them off, I can't wait. I just love my stallion. Oh yea, he is an AMHA World Champion and AMHR National champion and the son of supaspots stallion Absolut.

When you wait 11 months for a foal the excitement can be overwhelming. What I am most happy about in my 18th year of breeding miniatures is the consistancy of producing excellent foals. Not only the confirmation (which comes foremost) but also adding the color.

2011 has brought us some incredible foals including these.

missprints2.jpg

Pacific Miss Prints video

luvthatjazz1.jpg

Pacific Luv That Jazz video

paintchip1.jpg

Pacific Paint Chip Video

Three of the seven 2011 foals so far, by three different herd stallions; Magic Mans Color Prints, Canterbury All That Jazz, and Nostalgias Dirty Money ("Monet"). All are refined, excellent moving foals, with terriffic conformation.

We breed to improve the breed and produce horses that their owners are proud to own and happy when they look at them in the show ring, pasture, or barn.
default_yes.gif

If our breeding program didn't excite us, we would have given up long before now. But we are forging on, hoping to produce another mini as nice (or nearly as nice) as Max. I know many have admired his pictures, but his personality and movement were at least as important to us as his conformation. We were just admiring his sire (SRF Buckshot) this morning, along with our broodmares! We are very pleased with our small herd.

Becky your boy is just gorgeous and gotta love the Pacific babies.

I cant wait to see what Absolut produces for you too Sue especially with Platinum. I really like that mare and cant wait to see the foal next yr.

I think its great that everyone is still so excited about breeding - I think its what will keep the miniature horse going forward.

When you wait 11 months for a foal the excitement can be overwhelming. What I am most happy about in my 18th year of breeding miniatures is the consistancy of producing excellent foals. Not only the confirmation (which comes foremost) but also adding the color.

2011 has brought us some incredible foals including these.

missprints2.jpg

Pacific Miss Prints
SHE could come live wuth me anyday! I LOVES me a dark bay pinto, overo is icing on the cake!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said, we are TICKLED with all our foals both this year and last- finally we are getting what we want. Took years to get here.

I haven't been breeding long and I have a small herd, but there have been some of the foals that just have that "WOW" factor and I've been lucky to have bred a few of them!!
default_smile.png
I just love the 2 foals from this year, they're both so different!! And I love that I have a colt that I bred(now a gelding) that has matured into a handsome boy and is my "all-around" show horse! He does it all....jump, drive, halter, and in-hand trail. It is such a sense of accomplishment to go from conception to the show ring and watch them excel.

Total Eclipse Dances on Heir(PtHA World Champion, PtHA Champion)

scan0002.jpg

I don't have any "good" pics of us driving yet but this is him next to a Drum horse at one of our shows. This is our first year driving.

100_7545.jpg

And of course..this years babies!!

Total Eclipse Dare to Impress

100_7376.jpg

Total Eclipse Starlit Moon

100_6992.jpg

I'm pretty keen to see what Banner brings to Slaney's lines, too!

What am I excited about- tell you what, ask me again when I can actually spell and see the screen- I have been up for what seems like two weeks- no, actually, it is two weeks, and have so far a leopard filly and a silver black filly, the Silver by my Buckeroo/Alvadars DD stallion, Carlos, the leopard by my friend's Fewspot.

Both foals are fifth generation, my breeding, and I think that is what still excites me, sitting up foaling out a mare whose dam I foaled out, with her, five years ago, knowing I foaled out her grandam and her great grand dam. That's what keeps me going...

Two down, three to go.

What excites me is everytime I look at my stallion, he still takes my breath away. I have his first colt and I just smile everytime I turn him out, he has attitude, conformation and my favorite color, silver bay. Our plans are to geld him to show next year. I will have new pictures soon to show them off, I can't wait. I just love my stallion. Oh yea, he is an AMHA World Champion and AMHR National champion and the son of supaspots stallion Absolut.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
lol Im proud of him too and he isnt even mine !!!!

Karina I think Absolut will make an excellent cross with Platinum I am so excited Im already dreaming and thinking up names
default_yes.gif

Oh gosh, what excites me, well where do I start!?

I think what excites me the most is that I have FINALLY found what I need to move my program in the right direction, my heart melts every time I go out to the barn and see my boy Doc standing there waiting on me, I've had him going on 3 years now and I still have to pinch myself that he's MINE.. And now with implementing him into my breeding program and safely getting foals on the ground I'm even more in awe! His foals have been some of the best foals we have ever raised here in all aspects from conformation, to disposition/attitude, to color. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality he is producing for me, and I can't wait to keep working and shaping my program with his help! I've got so many new plans/goals and I can't wait to work at making them come true! I don't have a big name, I don't have a lot of money, so I have to take things at a slower pace than some of you others, but I do feel like I am heading in the right direction and reaching the goals I have set, and the excitement of what's yet to come keeps me driving forward!
default_yes.gif

Doc:

229550_10150185369899613_224524494612_6865985_6219274_n.jpg

Max, who will be hitting the PtHA show circuit:

221928_10150157593709613_224524494612_6627668_7404789_n.jpg

Teddy:

228620_10150162840014613_224524494612_6686524_1651813_n.jpg

and the newest little guy Cooper at 2 days old:

249793_10150190233054613_224524494612_6908590_6987427_n.jpg

Congrats on your two new girls RF and you have your breeding down to a fine art.

Slaney is very heavy now and this evening very grumpy. With the weather about to improve I think she is finally getting ready to let me what has been cooking for the last 11 months.

Some gorgeous horses producing some gorgeous babies.

Well, I can certainly see why those above are excited about what they are breeding!

Here is my reason for being excited (and at my age I would have quit long ago if I didn't have the excitement to keep me going)

This is a yearling gelding by Skipper who has acquired 9 Championships and one Supreme Champion in 3 shows.

249292_228720780476022_100000143042758_1046212_5996109_n.jpg

Here is his full brother born this year

248022_228942770453823_100000143042758_1048746_4908490_n.jpg

And a very special colt out of a Cowboy daughter and by Skipper....It's great seeing the results of years of planning.

248652_228941933787240_100000143042758_1048738_6103826_n.jpg

The excitement just goes on...........

Charlotte

Gosh, I really feel like I'd lost my excitement during 2010. With everything that changed in my personal life (marital status, financial status, home and job (not company but new position that I didn't ask for or want)) I'd really lost sight of the many things that I used to love about having horses. And that was really sad because these little horses had been such a huge part of my life. I looked forward to coming home each day and rush out to the barn to feed, groom and play with all of them. I'd really lost that. I sold or rehomed many of my horses and almost all of them were ones I would have preferred to keep.

But 2011 is a new year and things are getting back in order. I'm starting to get excited again!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm starting to remember all the good things and I'm looking forward to showing again at some point; maybe even this year still.

That said, the main thing that has always excited me is when my current year's foals are better than the previous. I always want to improve my herd, no matter how many horses I have or if I breed one mare or many. Looking back, I do believe the quality of my horses has steadily improved over the years and a big step in that direction was having Spirit. But he is in a great home now and I am chosing not to look back at that decision with regret. I'm looking forward instead. In 2012, God willing, I will have a foal by Black Velvet out of Raven. I learned today that she is confirmed 20 days in foal.
default_wub.png

What excites me, well seeing and working with a breeding program that is rare, special and one that had not seen anything added since it's conception. I feel extremely lucky
default_aktion033.gif
to be breeding 100% Arenosa's. If I would change anything I would add some other mare lines as Arenosa always gives the foals that added pizzaz! Like anyone one I would like every foal to be that perfect package-hard to find even with Arenosa's...but I have a 2-year-old filly here that really has that WOW factor and I am really excited about her
default_risa8.gif
This is what I pray for in every foal we have...We want great bodies, perfect legs and movement, but me I am a head person and coming from an Arabian background I strive to breed heads like this

ArianaHeadShot2.jpg

This lovely mare is Kewpie's Ariana Of Arenosa and we unfortunately lost her last summer. She left us with her only living 100% Arenosa sorrel filly and yes she has a stunning head too.

So yeah if I wasn't passionate about breeding these ponies, I would be doing something else. I don't think I will loose this desire as I have wanted horses since before I could remember and I used to only dream about having 100% Arenosa's, now I really do have them and I feel like the luckiest person alive
default_yes.gif

I have to say that everyones stories are great and the pictures of what your passionate about are just stunning. Good Luck to everyone of you
default_yes.gif

My best and Blessings,

Jenny

Latest posts

Back