What exactly is an avatar?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmm

Reaction score
What is an avatar? I have seen it mentioned so much. I am probably the only one who doesn't know what it is. Sorry about the dumb question.

It's not a dumb question. AN avatar is the little pic that some folks have posted by their names on the message board. Some have single pics some have slide shows of their horses. That pic/image is called an avatar.
default_yes.gif
:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses, see Avatar (disambiguation).

An avatar (abbreviations include AV, ava, avie, avy, avi, avvie, and avvy) is an Internet user's representation of himself or herself, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games,[1] a two-dimensional icon (picture) used on Internet forums and other communities,[2][3] or a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs. The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.[4]

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately not a silly question I wish I could learn to post pictures. I so enjoy everyone elses!

I can't even get the pictures off my camera, I think part is this olddddd computer! :no:

Latest posts

Back