What does Pinned mean?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbit Horse Shire

Reaction score
I've just noticed a few emails at the top of the 1st page on the forum are marked as "pinned" Can I ask what that means? Is there a "glossary" of terms somewhere that I could have looked that up on? I feel silly asking but my curoristy got the better of me .. Thanks

It means that they are "stuck" there because they are important and should be read by almost everyone. They never move down, ever if no one has responded to then in a while.

Lucy

Let's see. They are important notices or information that do not fall off the board.......meaning they are pinned to the top and stay there whether or not they are posted to.

There are topics that are "pinned" and "closed" (has an X next to it) at the top of the board sometimes for information only. Meaning you cannot post to them. And example of a pinned thread that is closed is on the Back Porch.

OOOOOOOOOh ok .. Thanks for the explanation .. I wish they had a place that new people could go to learn all these different terms instead of bothering the forum :eek:

Feel free PM any of the moderators if you have any questions - we're here to help!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back