What does everyone do for a living?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great to hear what everyone does. What a diverse group! I have been a dental hygienist for 12 years but consider myself the CEO of our home. :bgrin With contractors coming and going, kids to take to and from school (one goes to school an hour away!), gymnastics, soccer, basketball, horses, dogs, cats....I also help with the books for our two dental offices (my husband is a dentist) and fill in as office manager, dental hygienist and dental assistant (I went to school for that too) as needed, so I definitely keep busy. My nickname from friends is the Energizer Bunny as I find it difficult to sit still for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been "out" on a medical leave for over 2 years now but when I DO work, I am a Senior level Maintenance Techinician at Intel. I'm the one that makes sure the Lithography machines are up and running to best of thier ability. If they break down, I'm the first they would call.

On the side, I've been doing my woodburning and if I could get any spare time, I'm learning the art of Scrimshaw.

Lets see, in the past I've taught high school, worked in a dentist office, fixed copiers...

But now, I'm a bank teller. Well, only been one for about 3 weeks. I'm technically still in training, but when I'm done with that part (end of next week) I'll be a roving teller (kinda like a substitute). Not really looking forward to some of the places I may have to travel, but they pay mileage, so...

Also thinking about starting dog grooming on the side...

Ok here goes, I've read all the occupations and no one does what I do. I work in a glass factory, being a quality control inspector, don't want the beer bottles to go out the door with a defect. Its rotating shifts, which is rough, 7 days a week, and every week is different, right now i'm on midnight shift, tonight is the last night and on Friday i will go on day shift for 7 days, but to keep my sanity i have my minis and one old quarterhorse stallion, who is our big baby, lol. My hubby is retired on disability, in fact he used to make the bottles that i inspect, and we also have custody of our 11 year old granddaughter, never thought we'd be raising another child, but wouldn't have it any other way. So that's what I do, everyone has interesting jobs, and it looks like we all keep ourselves busy and the one common thread, minis
default_smile.png

I have been working with a financial planner for the last 2 years and love it. Use to day trade before the .com's busted and am one of those people who enjoy watching Squawk Box. Just got my license to sell life, disability and long-term care and am also enjoying this. I am not very good at "selling" products but when someone approaches me and we fulfill the need I really feel good. Looking to get securities licensed as soon as I find a replacement for the office work.
It sounds like we do much the same thing
default_yes.gif
: Keep in mind with the securities licensing, if you want, you can go for a series 6 at first which is less studying (a little easier) than the 7. The 6 lets you sell packaged products (mutual funds, variable annuities...). It won't let you sell individual stocks. I started with my 6 and found the 7 (and then te 24) to be a lot harder and for "most" of what I actually DO for clients, the 6 covers the majority of it... Of course, I'm talking about MY capacity to learn, not yours, but there were parts of the 24 that had me in tears trying to "learn" them and a couple things nearly as frustrating with the 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hubby and I have our own Portable Welding business, I take care of the paperwork end, he gets the welding end.....That gives me a chance to be home with my animals, and my daughter.....right now this time of year my official job is "Mare Starer" seems like that is all I am getting done right now.....
default_wacko.png
:

I work for a Medical Device company. We make Heart Transplant Machines and various other medical devices. I work in the Quality Assurance department shuffling paper work to keep ISO and FDA happy.

I have had minis for about 8 yrs. I enjoy playdays and some competitive driving. I am trying my hand at designing a hazard for an upcoming CDE. I have judged a few hazards in the past and really enjoy it. I have found my nitch!!

I couldn't wait to get home from work today so that I could get caught back up!

Wow....another paramedic! I was beginning to think I was the only one crazy enough to live that life.

Back