What date is the last Journal mailed out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Cant get nothing but the red x on the amhr web site to see what is the lastest Journal mailed out. What months still need to be received by the members. Just wondering if we will have the Journal on time to nominate the futurity stallions and mares.The forms are in the journal or will they be on the web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the Aug/Sept Journal yesterday. I hope those who advertised for their National Contenders were given a refund as it seemed a bit silly to see those ads now almost 2 months after Nationals
default_wacko.png

I also noticed there was a couple typos in the offical information. Some of the 2009 Supreme Ammy winners were listed as winners for 2008 when in reality they were winners of 2009. Either way though HUGE CONGRATS to them. I know it is not an easy feat to accomplish!
default_yes.gif

Wonder when we are getting the issue with Convention/Congress info obviously we will not get that until after Convention although I do believe that happened last year as well? Well no I think last year there were a few issues floating around at the Convention if I remember right?

I love the inside cover ad from Joel White and look forward to the Congress issue

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my August/September issue yesterday, in Kentucky.

Mighty "skinny" issue too. I think maybe people are getting tired of advertising and then the issues being so late coming out.

I was just wondering if people have gotten theirs, since I didn't get the last issue I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on this one. People are probably saving up money to put ads in the next 2 issues which will feature Congress and then Nationals.

I used to get real excited when the Journal came in the mail, I would set it aside and wait until I could sit down and enjoy the whole thing. Seems like the last two just didn't have much in them. I did read the World on line and enjoyed it very much.

JMS I have to wonder about the Nationals issue.. really seems like when it comes out in what at best hitting mailboxes late Jan/early Feb (assuming it is on time it could be even later) is it worth advertising a Nationals win from the previous year 5 months prior? Most people are just starting or looking forward to soon starting a new show season by the time the Nationals issue comes out and most are not interested in what was in 2010 but what will be in 2011

Not sure what the answer is?

Well I understand why fewer people are not advertising in the Journal period. Even look at the breeders directory, that use to be full of pages, now their are so many blank spots. I don't know if its the tough economy or is it because the Journal does come while its late?

Congress is at the same boat tho, if not worse. It was in late July this year, or early August, see can't remeber lol, and its now almost November? And we are still waiting for that issue? That is when people advertise their ponies the most. I still see something needs to be fixed with it when comes to the Journal.

Hi Fran, we got ours a few days ago so your's should arrive soon, even though it is already a couple months late
default_wacko.png
Joyce

Congress is at the same boat tho, if not worse. It was in late July this year, or early August, see can't remeber lol, and its now almost November? And we are still waiting for that issue? That is when people advertise their ponies the most. I still see something needs to be fixed with it when comes to the Journal.
I would point out that the Congress issue is the Oct/Nov issue, which really isn't so late yet--the scheduled mailing date for the Oct/Nov issue was a week ago today--I haven't heard anything about when it is actually due to be mailed but at the moment we really can't complain about that one being late.

As of yesterday's mail, I have not received any Aug/Sept issue, maybe I will get it today. It doesnt seem that it is getting back on track very well.

What I'd LOVE to see is the Congress and Nationals issues combined! Wouldn't THAT be an issue to keep! (yeah, I know- not a chance...)

I would point out that the Congress issue is the Oct/Nov issue, which really isn't so late yet--the scheduled mailing date for the Oct/Nov issue was a week ago today--I haven't heard anything about when it is actually due to be mailed but at the moment we really can't complain about that one being late.
I understand that, but it was pointed out that people are forgetting what happened at Nationals when people are looking forward to next years show season. I was just pointing out that Congress is also one I'm sure people don't remember.

No Journal here. Guess I'll call or email them Monday and let them know.

I'm just curious to know how much money the Journal is losing because its being late. Cause I do believe they give some sort of refund to dated material.

I received ours today in the mail and we live in Michigan. I must say if the Journal gets any thinner there won't be much to read. The material is outdated and not much to the magazine anymore. I use to look forward to sitting down and reading the magazine but now it only takes a few minutes to look through it. It is very sad that our clubs Journal has come to this. I hope they can get back the advertisers and make the Journal enjoyable and on time agian. Only time will tell.

I wonder how many shows would have had more entries if people had the journal in a timely manner and could have seen the ads. Some breeders try to sell before nationals and congress and if they had ads in journals that were late, what good were they? I do hope this problem is solved soon before the journal is little more than recycle material--and not much of that even.

Latest posts

Back