What color outfit to go with this horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkadator

Reaction score
I'm trying to put together an outfit for a pleasure driving class at an ADS show. What color do you think would go good with this horse? I'm leaning toward something like tangerine/peach or mint green. Thanks for your help.

Small_Chester.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Electric Blue

I'd go with blue or kelly green. The peach would blend in too much IMO.

Keeping in mind that this is an ADS Pleasure show I would go with the more subtle peach or mint green and add a spark of colour in your blouse, apron and hat. It will make for a very pleasant picture and will be more suitable for ADS than "electric blue"
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For breed shows, I'd have also said bright / royal blue, however, I wasn't sure what is proper when it comes to ADS. Sounds like it is a different protocol, as I thought it might be.

There's nothing wrong with a nice bright blue for ADS, or even a red or orange depending on the color of the horse. I've seen people pull off leopard print!
default_laugh.png
You just need to make sure it's tasteful, carefully chosen and compliments your body type and overall turnout. The type of fabric is going to make a difference as well.

As Sherri Lower of Hats Off Boutique says, "If you're going to wear red, DRIVE red! If you're going to wear leopard, DRIVE leopard!"
default_thumbup.gif
In other words, if you're going to dress to stand out you'd better make sure you're an outstanding driver.
default_wink.png

I think for a red-based horse like that I'd consider a nice green of some kind with blue as a good second choice. Peach and mint green are both nice colors for him/her but may blend in too much. You want that little punch of color to draw the judge's eye.

Good luck, and remember to have fun!

Leia

Latest posts

Back