What brand of clippers do you use?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double K's. I can't imagine how you would injure yourself anymore with Double Ks than with any other kind of clipper. I've buzzed my thumb holding forelocks out of the way, but better that than cutting the forelock off!
default_new_shocked.gif

The cord is somewhat hard to manage, but you get used to it -I have lots of arthritis in my hands & wrists and they get a workout with the clippers but it's do-able. I also have Laube Lazer cordless clippers and I LOVE them. I do the major body clipping with Double Ks and lots of the trim work with the Laubes. They are the only cordless clippers I've ever owned - and I've tried plenty - that have any lasting power.

Jan

[SIZE=12pt]I love my Double K's
default_wub.png
I've had the same one since 1992
default_new_shocked.gif
I just recently got a set of cordless Laube Speed Feeds (Chesa Henkel showed me these) for faces, ears and fetlocks. The Speed Feeds are awesome and don't get hot. They are also nice because it has a single blade that levers from size 8 to 40 (I think) Anyhow love my Double K's and will always use them primarily but it really is nice to have the Speed Feeds too.[/SIZE]

Joy

I don't have Double K's yet, but I watched my friend use them and she handles them fine and loves them. I currently use Andis AGC 2-speed with a #10 blade. I still have the original blades, used them on 4 very wooly foals this year and on 3 last year. I admit it is now time for a new blade, but they cut through that thick hair like butter. I frequently cool the blade on a sports ice-pack to keep the horse happy
default_wink.png

I use my cordless wahl arco's a lot for detailing the face, they have an adjustable blade on the and cut real smooth and do not leave behind marks well. They are lightweight, the blades have NEVER got hot for me and they cost right around $130 or so and you can get them at TSC where I got mine. They come with two batteries that are chargable and it normally takes me a whole battery to do a head or a little less if I am just detailing or going over the muzzle prior to a razor. Since the blades are adjustable, you cannot sharpen them but I have found the blades seem to last a while. I also use them for clipping the dogs ext..

I have the Double Ks too & like them for show clipping, but the clippers I use the most are my Wahl Chromados. They are cordless (can be used corded too but I never have used mine that way). I got them the spring of 2005 and have used them a lot since then. The battery--still the original one--still holds a charge well, and I can do a lot of clipping on 1 charge. Generally 1 blade lasts me the season--spring through to fall. I use them for clipping legs and heads on the show horses (last year I did all my show clipping with them) and then use them for all my around home clipping....legs, bridle paths, body clipping the foals, bellies/flanks on mares that are due to foal, bellies, throats, jaws and toplines on the other horses when I want to tidy them up or when I want to see what they look like in the spring before their winter fuzzies are gone! I always clip dirty horses, so those blades work hard for me. For that kind of clipping I like them better than the Double Ks just because I can clip anywhere, I don't have to bring the horses in to the barn where the hydro is.

Latest posts

Back