What Are Your Favorite Perfumes or Colognes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for me it is

beyond pradise by estee lauder

tresor by lancome

chance chanel

beautiful

pleasure

I don't wear any. Even being around perfumes i get snorky and a sinus headache.
default_sad.png

But I LOVE the smell of Brut for men and ones that smell like roses on a summer day. MmMMmMmmm ROSES!
default_wub.png
Robin, Tea Rose smells like roses! It's really inexpensive but a loooong time favorite of mine
default_smile.png

You mean I'm supposed to smell like something other than "ode de corral" or "ode de dog"?

I don't wear much cologne, but like ici and Vanilla Fields. Currently I'm using a body spray from Bath and Body Works and really like it, its called Butterfly Flower (my sister got me the shower gel, lotion and spray as a gift).

I break out in hives just walking thru a perfume department, let alone touch my skin.

Most every lotion, soap is non scented so I smell like a horse, dog or whatever till

I make my run thru the shower. Actually if the dogs or horses lick me I get hives, too.

I have boxes of shampoos and conditioners that I used once and became allergic to..

So disappointing as they can smell good in the bottle.

Victoria Secret has a Vanilla Lace lotion that I got as a gift and I mix that. abut 90/10

with non scented cream and can use that lightly on 'state' occassions...

I have boxes of shampoos and conditioners that I used once and became allergic to..
While not allergic, I have tried and wasted several different shampoos trying to find products that will work well with our well water, some of my favorites from the salon just don't work out here. Luckily, Suave Professionals does work, although the only kind I can get for my hair type is the Rosemary Mint, which I do like, but would also like some variety. If you lived closer, I'd take some of those shampoos off your hands, to try with our water, provide they aren't for fine/limp hair or dry hair, mine is neither.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one I use is Bill Blass, have used it for years. Need to branch out some day.

Haven't had a date for a hundred years, but my ex wore something called Millionaire. One sniff of that and I was ready to rumble. Thankfully, nobody around here wears that!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Like some others, I don't do perfume (sinus') but I can do fragrant lotions...I like the ones that smell "fruity", not flowery. I usually get mine from Bath and Body works, sometimes Victoria Secret. My favorites are ones that smell cocunuty (like the beach).

My absolute favorite for the last couple of years is Butterfly Flower from Bath and Body. My mother loves it too and we get so many compliments. Second favorite is Tea Rose too.

I avoid perfumes because the shampoo and conditioner I use doesn't tend to blend well.

I usually use a lavender scented shampoo/conditioner and the hubster likes it, so I figure why push the envelope? (He also doesn't like me wearing lipstick, so I only wear it to formal occasions.)

None- I am allergic to perfume so cannot wear it. I wish that no one wore it....or if they do wear it that they just sprayed a wee bit on instead of bathing in the stuff! It is not pleasant to go our to some event & become ill because of all the perfume others are wearing....and my allergy is not as serious as what some other people have to deal with.

Our office is a scent free office, which I am thankful for--our boss is very allergic to scent so the rule of no scent is firmly enforced. We can't do anything about the customers of course, but luckily most of them do not wear heavy scent. Just now & again someone comes in with an overpowering scent. Someone non-allergic has to wait on them, and even then that person sometimes has to stand well back from the counter--when the customer is gone we open windows & turn on fans to clear the air.

I will for sure be checking some of these out
default_yes.gif

And, ML, don't be ashamed! I remember smelling one of her fragrances from a magazine and I also really liked it!
default_smile.png

Victoria's secret used to make one that smelled like oranges, vanilla and SUMMER. I loved it, but do not remember the name and didn't think any of the current line matched up. It was just a body spray, but smelled so nice and fresh
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I love most scents, but some people do douse themselves not realizing how offensive it can be to others. They have acclimated to the smell so they put more and more on so they can smell it.

We have a person here who must bathe in the stuff and you can smell where she has been for an hour after she leaves. I already told my boss to never put me on a project with her, I won't be able to handle working in close quarters with her.

Management has talked to her, she tones it down for a while, then after a week or two, we are back to smelling where Rene has been. I don't know what she wears, but that is one that I will never be able to wear!

I have never gotten the point of taking a bath in it. I have never changed the amount I wear. Its not for me to smell but for others persay. I dont even notice it on me anymore, but that dont mean I am upping the amount. I have always thought of those with allergies to it though as I have several in my family with the same issue and there are very very few that dont bother me.

I don't wear much, as I never have many occasions to wear it...but I have 2 that I like

Princess by Vera Wang (tried it as a joke, and I actually quite like it)

Perhaps by Bob Mackie (I've had this for many years...I really don't use it often)

I used to like Beautiful, until my grandma doused herself in it one hot hot summer day...

I can't stand those that douse themselves in it...I am not allergic to perfumes, but get a headache in stuffy rooms with poor ventilation and too much smell....

Lately I've been wearing body mists from Bath & Body works and the like. They don't get as overpowering and are a nice little refresher (especially between classes at outdoor dog shows ;) )

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back