What are some good book sagas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a new series that I am loving. It's called the "Dresden Files," by Jim Butcher They did have a tv series about the books, but I've not seen the tv show. The first book (Storm Front) was really absorbing, I finished it in a day. lol I'm on the second one now, it isn't quite as good as the first, but it is still good.

Since my taste in books is different than many mentioned, I thought I'd add these. I loved, make that LOVED, "Into the Wilderness", "Lake in the Clouds" and "Dawn on a Distant Shore" by Sara Donati. Amazing. I didn't know it was a series; when I finished the first one and it stopped as a cliff hanger, I read in the back the book was continued and it gave a season and a year. I grabbed the phone and called the local bookstore. The woman who answered ran to the shelf and said they had one copy in paperback and she'd hold it for me. I jumped in the car and sped to get it.
default_laugh.png

Interesting--it says on the cover "If you enjoy historical romance like Diana Garbaldon's Outlander Series, you'll love this." So--I need to read that series... but no time for reading now.

The second series, another historical fiction, is the Kinship and Courage series. It starts with "All Together in One Place." It's by Jane Kirkpatrick--I love, make that LOVE, everything she writes. I emailed her years ago to share that my grandmother and I-50 years apart in age, both loved her books. She wrote back a nice note. Then I ordered some from her website and she signed them for my grandma and me. That was cool. I was my grandmother's librarian up until she was 94. I kept track of all the books she read and made note of what she liked and didn't. I encouraged her to write her thoughts in the books I owned. There's still a JK book in there I haven't read--that has grandma's handwriting in it. I'm still saving it--after five years.

PS--you have read James Herriot's vet books, yes? They have to be in my all time favorite titles. AND "Anne of Green Gables"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for your responses. My internet box broke last week and tonight is the first time I've been able to get online.
default_rolleyes.gif

I can hardly wait to check into some of your suggestions. My friend was telling me about the Dresden Files. I was thinking that I'd also like to get Pride & Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Great Expectations. Has anyone read any of them? If so, what did you think?

I love Jane Austen's stuff. I've actually been rereading everything. Pride and Prejudice is one of my ultimate favorite books.

I haven't read everyone's post so excuse me if it's already been mentioned but just thought I'd add a link to the Paperback Swap site. I'm fairly sure I first found out about it on LB but haven't seen it mentioned in quite a long time. Just thought some of you avid readers might be interested. www.Paperbackswap.com - a great site for trading books.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read everyone's post so excuse me if it's already been mentioned but just thought I'd add a link to the Paperback Swap site. I'm fairly sure I first found out about it on LB but haven't seen it mentioned in quite a long time. Just thought some of you avid readers might be interested. www.Paperbackswap.com - a great site for trading books.

I'm actually a member of that site. Love it.

Latest posts

Back