What a guy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
I moved Chica, my 28 year old mustang (that I have had for 20 years), to the new farm a few weeks ago. She injured her eye a few days later. She has already lost most of the vision in her other eye, so I could not move her home safely. Mia and I stayed there for a few days (in our motorhome) to start the medication schedule off well.

Steve, the non-horsey man, has quickly learned to medicate, feed and handle a big horse. He admitted he was pretty nervous the first time he treated her alone, but they are now best buddies. Fortunately she is very easy to handle & treat, but it was a pretty big deal to a COMPLETE horse novice. Give him any dirtbike and he's good to go, but horses are unknown country to him. He does love them though and is eager to have more horses there.

Her treatment had to be changed after several days of stalled progress and she is now doing much better. Mia and I were able to stay a few days again and make sure the new meds were working.

The big girls (Chica & Rainmaker-my warmblood) are doing great there and are even starting to get used to dirtbikes flying by
new_shocked.gif
I thought Rainey was going to chase him down the other day though. She changed her mind and just romped & bucked along near where he was riding.

We are trying to spend more "family" time together, a day or two at a time. Since we are not married (yet) Mia and I stay in the (nice & comfy) motorhome at the new farm and Steve stays in the house.

Mia did scare Steve the other day. We were all at a flea market and there were lots of baby toys. Mia said "we need to get these for the baby we're going to have". I laughed and told her we wouldn't be having a new baby for a while, but she was insistant that we could get READY for a new baby now~LOL Steve came over and asked if I would wipe the sweat off of his forehead
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
Even his Mom commented a few days ago (when we spent the day with her) that he and Mia were quite a pair. They are crazy about each other
wub.gif
yes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I knew there was a reason I liked that man!!! You go girls![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=21pt]WOO HOO!!!! Way to go (now who first) Steve?? Mia?? Laura??[/SIZE]

That is wonderful that your lives have been so enhanced and filled with happiness.

You all deserve it, especially you girls.

smile.gif

Best wishes with your life!

Liz M.

Sounds like a wonderful man! Congrats Laura, you deserve to be happy with your girl, and horses! And Steve!

Latest posts

Back