What a great weekend!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
Hi Group!

I had such a wonderful weekend, and thought I'd share! Saturday was my birthday, hubby loaded up the truck and trailer with the carts and our geldings, and took me driving on a trail in our area (Mountain Bay Trail). Turns out, we've got a spot on the trail where you can park your truck and trailer, only about 14 miles from our home! We never knew that parking spot was there until this weekend. The boys were great! Had some deer jump out in front of us, plenty of bluebirds flying around us, great sunny weather, and some bikers going past that Danny wanted to race! He kept whinnying at them after they went past us! I had hoped to get more pictures, but unfortunately the one below was the only one I took.

PA073071.jpg

Today we went to pick up my birthday gift from hubby! Her name is Lilly, and she's such a sweetie! Thank you to Karen from Eau Claire WI for selling her to us. Lilly is 2 years old, measures 36", and will be trained to pull a cart for us in spring. Lillies former owner (before Karen) cut her mane and tail unfortunately, but I happen to think she's still beautiful without them, and given time, they will grow back.

Picking her up:

PA083076.jpg

Unloading:

PA083079.jpg

Hubby and Lilly:

PA083080.jpg

Have a great night, and thank you for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh sounds like such a perfect weekend and what better present than another mini! She is very pretty! Keep having all that fun! Mary

Oh, I love your new mini....my favorite color. Tell me, whyin the world did she cut the mane and tail off?

Ginny

The person we purchased Lilly from kindly took her in when the previous owner became ill. She thought the mane and tail were cut to get rid of burdock. I cannot wait for it to grow back because she looks to have multiple colors in both the mane and tail. I bet it was beautiful before it was all cut off!

Cute girl, and yeah, the hair will grow back, just not fast enough I'm sure.
default_smile.png

Good luck with her and you will really enjoy having a driving horse.

She looks the same color as my silver buckskin colt.

Liz M.

Hey, congratulations on a wonderful weekend and great birthday present! I'm so glad your boys are doing well for you.

Leia

Congratulations! Lilly is a very sweet mare. I'm so glad that Karen found a wonderful home for her.

Thanks!
default_yes.gif
: It was a very nice weekend, and reminded me just why we got into minis in the first place!

Lilly is settling in just fine, we're slowly getting to know one another, and we look forward to spending more time with her.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Birthday Geri!! What a fun and wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!!

And "CONGRATULATIONS!!" on purchasing Lilly. She is just a gorgeous mare!!

You couldn't find anyone nicer and more caring then Karen! I know that she wanted just the best home with someone that really cared for Miss Lilly and it looks like she has certainly found it.

Latest posts

Back