Western miniature halter for performance,,,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Looking to try some hunter and obsticle classes this year. Want a kinda nice looking halter, but don't want to spend a lot, since I don't know if this is Falcon's "thing". Seen any good prices on websites? Thanks for the help!

ozark mountain has some really good ones!! www.minitack.com

Well, if he's willing to step away from the country stud look, he could take a cue from Carson and Mingus (the metrosexual) and look into Prime Design's Shetland-style halter...quite handsome and great for performance classes.

Ozark Mountain has the nicest performance halters - IMO. They have several different designs on

their nosebands and cheek pieces. One halter is very refined and comes with a rolled leather lead.

If you're looking for a performance halter with more silver on it check out Mini Express.

Justine

I have three western style performance halters. One I got from Mini Express and it was about $200. It is made of beta biothane and is pretty fancy but not too bulky. The other two I got from Ozark for about $80 and they are made of leather. I actually like the less expensive Ozark ones better than the more expensive one. The Ozark ones are made with very thin / narrow straps of leather and look "delicate" on the horses' heads. I can't stand the ones where the leather looks bulky.

One more thing i want to add that is another option ..

I got my western show halter at a local tack sale for $30 ALMOST BRAND NEW and its as nice as the $120 ones actually. Look around, like at fairgrounds ext for adds for tack swaps or sales. Its not bulky and actually can flex. I'd say it was a deal
default_smile.png

OK...well I'm going to agree with Suzanne. PrimeDesign's shetland halters are very nice and they can do many different things for you on these halters. They can be leather, betathane or biothane in either 3/8" or 1/2" widths.

I also know that they have just updated their website, What's New, and have a betathane show halter with a matching show lead there.

PrimeDesign What's New

Denisee

Latest posts

Back