We're Back!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

Tommy and I are back from the two weekends of shows in Florida and boy did we have FUN!
default_yes.gif

Not only did we meet up with old friends, the Conders, Emily, Jenifer, Chandler Marks (hope you are feeling better by now) Ginny Long and family, Matt and Liz McMillian, but also met a few new friends too. We briefly met Jenifer from Hairicane Minis, Charlene and her mom from Cover Girl Miniatures, the Rays from Silver Meadows, the Owens, Marilyn Gilchrist and many more. Gosh, the folks in Florida sure know how to help us out of staters feel welcome.
default_wub.png

Two of our horses were competing there: Conder’s Miss Ocala (aka Miss O) with Emily Conder of Nirvana Training Center and Lost Spoke’s Winter Dream Catcher (aka Catch) with Lee Crutchfield showing from the east coast. Last weekends shows were the most competitive since the AMHA World Show this year. We recognized World Champions and World Grand Champions in our classes and what an honor it is to know our horses are competitive with the very best in the miniature horse industry and to come away with the reassurance that our breeding program is headed in the right direction. Of course, you might have known I would include a few pictures.

[SIZE=12pt]Josh Tibbs with Catch[/SIZE]

catchjoshocalanov07.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Tommy with Miss O[/SIZE]

missotommynov07.jpg

If you would like to see more, please feel free to visit our 2008 show schedule and results page at http://lostspokeranch.com/2008shows.html

Tommy was also pleased to set a personal record for the amount of show ring time and experience this time and we are both learning so much.
default_laugh.png

In between shows we drove down to Key West and along the east coast on the way back. Tommy had never been to Key West before so that was very enjoyable too. We are suspecting all the hype about Florida having alligators is a bunch of hooy though because we drove from one end of Florida to the other and didn’t see an alligator one! Hahaha!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who stopped by to say hello and to extend a very special thanks to Lee Crutchfield, Josh Tibbs, and Kirby Jones for all their skill and efforts in presenting Catch at his best yet and also special thanks to Emily Conder, and Jennifer for their continued efforts and skill in having Miss O looking so incredible!
default_wub.png

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Lost Spoke Miniature Horse Ranch

Tommy & Dawn Thompson

http://lostspokeranch.com

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE]
default_aktion033.gif

Oh thanks so much for the pictures, a must for me
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
Tommy and Dawn, your horses look marvelous!

Glad you got to enjoy FL. We lived there in Homestead for 4 years in the 1980s, just before Hurricane Andrew changed everything. Stuart and I both love Key West. There is nothing quite like the Sunset Celebration, if they still have it each evening!

Congratulations. I know what a thrill the World was for you and it will continue. Keep up the excellent work and keep us posted.

Congrats on the shows and thanks for sharing, sounds like it was alot of fun!

And lucky you, it makes your 'off-season' shorter, nov. to about march or maybe earlier isn't long!

WOW! Looking great! Congratulations on your lovely horses doing so wonderfully!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

We were in Key West at the same time and probably passed you on Duval Street!

Isn't that drive thru' the Keys amazing?!?!?!?

Wow, congratulations, the horses look beautiful!

Liz

Congratulations! You are always so nice and excited and down to earth sounding, it makes it easy to cheer for you.

Thanks so much to each and everyone for your heartfelt congratulations and encouragement extended to our horses and to us. I can’t begin to tell you how much it is appreciated.

For those who haven’t been to Florida or haven’t been back in a long time, I have included a couple of pics of the keys and Key West. Enjoy!

keywest2nov07.jpg
membeachnov07.jpg

floridakeys2nov07.jpg
floridakeys3nov07.jpg

It seems the more shows we attend the more fine folks we have the opportunity to meet. See ya around!

Happy Thanksgiving greetings all around!

Dawn, Tommy, Menehune, and all the little horses
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back