Went to a Mini Donk Auction today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatCreekFarm

Reaction score
We have a local auction company that has an "exotic" animal auction every few months. This was my first experience in attending such an auction. This morning they sold llamas & alpacas, then the mini donks (well, yes, of course my reason for going in the first place!!). I left before all the donks sold, but after them, mini horses were to sell. I could have stayed all day and night if I had nothing else to do today! I saw a good variety of little donkeys. They even sold one adorable 3-4 WEEK old spotted jack. He was all fixed up with a cute little bandana, and everyone was oooh-ing and ahhhh-ing over him. I had no idea that people sold them that young - he was a bucket baby. Overall, most of the animals I saw were in really good condition and the prices seemed in line with others I have seen. I was tempted a few times to bid, but decided I had better restrain myself.. this time
default_rolleyes.gif
:

There were some things that made me sad (I even teared up and had to turn my attention elsewhere...
default_crybaby.gif
: ) There were dispersals of two separate herds and I could see how sad the owners were to part with their animals -- each one had their own life circumstances as reasons for having to sell. They were loving on their babies even in the sale ring, kind of a last goodbye. So sad!

Anyway, just wanted to share my little "donkey outing" today
default_smile.png
I have mixed feelings about part of it, but mostly it was a fun & educational day.

~Tammy

Ohhh Tammy, I would of been right there crying when the owners had to give there pals there last hugs. That is so sad. I know alot of times it cant be helped, but I just hate to see anyone who really truly does love there animals have to part with them. :no:

A 3-4 week old bottle raised jack?? WOW--I would wonder why he was bottle raised! (if it necessary or not) but I bet he was darn cute sporting his red bandana.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: Corinne

Oh My ...that little Jack would have been mine !

Thanks so much for sharing that experience .... I have never been to an Auction. I'm sure there were many emotions for you .

I am going to need alot more property to ever go to one myself
default_yes.gif
:

I wondered the reasoning for them selling the tiny jack too. My husband thought he heard something about the jenny had "dried up" early? Not sure if that was the one they were talking about, but guess that would make sense. He sure was cute and I hope he went to a good home
default_smile.png

I will probably torture myself again, and go to the next auction there in a few months :eek:

Latest posts

Back