Welsh Ponies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanminiponygirl

Reaction score
I don't see anyone posting on the small Welsh ponies. Are the smallest the Welsh Mountain pony? What heights? Can they be registered as American Show Pony? I love these, but never see any. Anyone out there with Welsh?

I don't see anyone posting on the small Welsh ponies. Are the smallest the Welsh Mountain pony? What heights? Can they be registered as American Show Pony? I love these, but never see any. Anyone out there with Welsh?
Yes the smallest is considered the Mountain pony as they are the Section A's and their height can't go over 12.2hh. There are 4 sections to the Welsh ponies. If they are pure Welsh and registered with the Welsh pony society they can't be registered as a National Show pony.

Kim

Thanks for your reply! I think they are the most beautiful pony! I saw some very small hunter ponies one time that I believe were Welsh out of the Liseter line and they seem very tiny to me, about the size of a shetland I thought. I have a Hackney here, and at 48" she seems huge to me! Guess I was looking for something small to drive.

Latest posts

Back