Well, the last of my horses left the farm yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
I first of all want to say what a joy and honor it has been to be a part of this mini horse forum, I learned so much, met so many new friends, and that would not have ever happened had I not joined the LB forum family, so big thanks to Mary Lou. Thanks to those of you that supported me with advice, encouragement, etc, the past several years, I would not be the person I am today without you sharing your knowledge.

I am now concentrating on my health and to better manage the asthma/allergies, plus a big health scare, my small brain aneurisym....had to part with the horses. How do I define myself after having horses all of my life? That remains to be seen. I hope to have another horse years down the road if it is the in stars.....but until then I will have to live vicariously through all of you on the LB forum and my close horsie friends.

I am sure I won't post as often (not that I was a huge poster anyway) but will more than likely lurk more....but I wanted to let you all know you have been an important part of my life while I had the minis and I know that each of them have gone to excellent homes, so I am thankful for that.

Hugs to all!

Valerie

{{{{{Valerie}}}}} I cannot imagine!

Just don't leave us. You are & will always be a part of our forum family!
default_wub.png

I dont know you but reading your post made me feel so sad , in 1995 my husband was crushed against a wall by a car and was injured pretty bad , due to numerous operations and loss of income we sold all our horses (big ones ) and for 7 yrs we had none , it was so difficult without them , I used to dream I had forgotten to feed the horses and wake up in a panic , we were both depressed ,

you really must keep posting and even though you do'nt own any minis do try to keep involved in someway , if they have been an important part of your life youre probably not prepared for the gap they will leave in your life ,

I hope you will continue to share some of the knowledge you have gained on this forum
default_smile.png

Valerie, I don't know how you will adjust to your new life of no horses, so no advice there, but I'm glad that you will still be coming to the forum. Please don't be a stranger-- the back porch part isn't even about horses and as for the horse part I bet that you have lots of knowledge and experience to share. Good luck to you!
default_yes.gif

Valerie if you lived closer here to the east coast you would not have to adjust to being without horses...I'd love for you to come over and get your horsey fix anytime you needed/wanted to. I hope one day soon you'll be able to have them again. Please do not go away from the forum...I always enjoy your posts and chatting with you. I like that you are very attentive and kind in your posts. Take care of yourself....((Huggssss)) to you dear.

All the best to you during the period of major adjustment. Just try to remember you are doing this for the right reason - your health and well-being. That is most important. None of use know what the future holds, so look at it as an adventure and try to keep your options open. Hugs.

What a rough decision to make, but I honor it. I think everyone on here realizes that we will probably have to make a similar move eventually.

Please don't stop visiting LB. Your experiences as a mini owner will always be valuable. Plus, there's always issues here on The Back Porch!
default_wink.png

Ma---

Oh man. That would be very hard. I am sorry. You know you are always welcome here and at Helynn's to get a horsie fix. Maybe someday you can get a curly pony or some horse that is hypo allergenic! Sorry this is so hard my friend.

And just think of the money you will be saving too!! WOooo!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I've been there where you are (not for the same reasons, but still..."horseless". It was difficult, yet at the same time it did give me some "freedom" to do other things like travel more or just out for a long day and not have to worry about getting back to feed the horses.

I hope you will go visit the farms in your area to get a horsey fix and will also continue to come to the forum (I was a frequent visitor to the Back Porch most often when I didn't own any horses) and post.
default_smile.png

Oh, Valerie...((hug)). This is definitely going to be an adjustment for you but I hope you'll focus on the positives like the amazing amount of money that seems to pile up without horses to eat it and the freedom to travel without guilt.
default_laugh.png
There are many things I would have done if I hadn't had horses in my life and you bet if the worst ever happened to my two, I'd be finding a way to do those things!

You'll always be a part of our community whether you own horses or not- the love of them makes you one of us.
default_wub.png

Leia

You'll always be a part of our community whether you own horses or not- the love of them makes you one of us.
That is absolutely true. And you know very well that you are welcome at farms and events in the area to keep up with what's going on. Heck, I've got plenty of critters here, you can come visit.
default_saludando.gif
Best wishes for you to recover well from your health scares. That is really awful.
default_sad.png

Oh Valerie I am so sorry to hear of your health issues.

It's good to prioritize your health and concentrate on

being around for a long long time. Your family and friends

are counting on that.

Our kids volunteer for extra hugs any day you are feeling good

and the need to 'breathe in horse' overwhelms you.

I've walked in your moccasins and know what you're going thru.

Send me a note any time, we live not far from Oly.

Take good care!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry...I know where you are at. Minis were an answer for me when I could no longer ride and they quickly became my whole world. When I moved from VA a year and a half ago due to divorce I had to leave my last three minis with my best friend. Every time I thought I had it worked out to be ready to move them to TX more big medical things would come up. I actually had a ride booked for them and when my halfway point fell through on the day I found out I had to have yet more surgery...well, I gave up. I have never been without horses--ever. Horse was my very first real word and will probably be the last. I still miss my horses and especially my mare Rainy every single day.

It is different now, but a little rescue mare came into my hands via my incredibly sweet and loving fiance. I have to board now, but at just the right moment things fell into place. It isn't the same and I don't know that I will be able to keep her forever, but I am determined she will be loved and trained and never ever get like she was. Never count it out. I thought I was done with horses at least for a VERY long time. Sometimes there are plans bigger than we are.

I first of all want to say what a joy and honor it has been to be a part of this mini horse forum, I learned so much, met so many new friends, and that would not have ever happened had I not joined the LB forum family, so big thanks to Mary Lou. Thanks to those of you that supported me with advice, encouragement, etc, the past several years, I would not be the person I am today without you sharing your knowledge.
Valerie, you probably don'[t know me as I don't get into LB to post too often, even though I've been around here for years. I do know you from the regular LB board, though. I just want to tell you that we are in the same position. We have to sell our horses, and I've not been without a horse since I was 10 years old. That's fifty years! But my husband has some medical problems and we just can't keep doing this. So, I feel your pain.

But I am planning to work with the 4H horse project. At least I can pass on what I've learned to a younger generation, and at least I will still be involved with horses, if only peripherally. I suppose that life is always full of changes, and we have to adjust to them, no matter how much we think we can't.

You will adjust in time, although I know it will be difficult. But when you leave one road you simply turn down another one. You will find your life changed, but not over. Bless you, valerie, and I hope the road you turn down has nothing but joyful surprises at then end of it.

Valerie I am so sorry that you had to sell off your precious babies, but sounds like you had plenty of good reasons to do that...Life doesn't always treat us well. You will always carry their love and memories with you. Sounds like you have plenty of horsey friends
default_wub.png
to get a Equine fix at, plus you could go to the horse shows and watch
default_yes.gif

If you have never been to Yellowstone Park or the Tetons you have an open invitation to stay with Mel and I...we have a huge home only 60 miles from Jackson and the Tetons and about 2 1/2 hours from the south gate of Yellowstone!
default_aktion033.gif
We Love company!
default_wub.png

Our Best and Blessings Valerie,

HUGS

Jenny

Back