Well...Duhhhh

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
I definitely had one this morning.

Some of you may remember a couple of months ago when I posted a picture of a stray puppy and asked if anyone had any idea what breed she might be. For 2 months now I've been looking at her and something way in the back of my mind kept niggling at me but I just couldn't pin it down.

Yesterday dear SOL was here for Thanksgiving dinner and said he thought Jodie was a Cocker Spaniel. I was thinking about it this morning so I pulled some pictures up on the internet and that's when I had my "well...duh" moment.

There's absolutely NO doubt in my mind that he's right. I can't believe I didn't see it myself because until about 20 years ago Cocker's were my favorite breed (until I discovered Shih Tzu's). I've had about 5 of them though the years, the first one when I was about 10. She was a rich copper color that we named Penny.

Anyway here are a couple pictures. What do you guys think?

The first one is Jodie. The second one is a picture from the internet.

Picture001.jpg
English_Cocker_Spaniel_body.jpg

I think one of the things that threw me was I've never seen a Cocker with a long tail. But, now that I know, I swear if she didn't know her name so well I'd have to change it to Penny. LOL

Well, there might be something else in the mix, but yes, she sure does look like a cocker.

And, a cute one at that.

I guess she could be a really poorly bred Cocker mix with an undocked tail, but my bet is on her being full or part Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:

2008051030866_DSC00727.JPG_w450.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Padrickframed.jpg

If Jodie is young her furnishings may continue to fill out, but they may not if she's not purebred or well bred.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt that she's either purebred or well bred; and since she's a stray I'll never know for sure exactly what she is. Someone said in my earlier post they thought she might have some Cavalier in her and I agree it's a definitely possibility. I just don't know if there are any of them around here or not but I do know there are Cockers. I'm gonna ask the vet's opinion when I take her in and see what they think too. Got to try to find out how old she is and get her spayed soon.

It really doesn't matter if you see a lot of them when you're out and about, you can bet plenty of them are around there. She certainly could have been a result of a planned or oops breeding, and it's also possible that someone could have traveled into the state with her. Just check out this list of (I'll bet mostly pet quality) Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in Misourri: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=...les&spell=1

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful...and so much more important...loved! What a cutie!

She is beautiful!!! I couldn't resist those eyes if I were you, either
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Your Penny looks like the dog we had when I was a kid -- "Pooh Bear" (she was also a cocker)
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Well I'm no help on the breed, but she sure is a cutie
default_wub.png
I couldn't resist her either if I was you.

I was one that said I thought your girl had Cavalier in her, and the resemblance is as clear as day to me when I see those two photos together that Mininik posted. (The top 2...the Cavalier on top and your girl below)

Back