WELCOME --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
Tazz001
saludando.gif
WELCOME to the forum, from the northwoods of Wisconsin. Would you care to tell us a little bit about yourself? Where are you from and do you have any mini donkeys? Pictures would be great, if you would like to share. You have found the perfect place to spend the LONG winter months, so grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the forum and meet all of the forum family on here. Corinne

OK OK!! 1st a bit about me...married, mom of 6, mom of 4 mini donks and Oh Lord...have my in laws living with me due to health reason (theirs) I live in Gillett PA (between Elmira NY and Troy PA) have 87 or so acres.

Heres some pics of my lil ladies

This is Emma...she is 5...daughter of Sparkle

emma-3.jpg

heres Mabel...sorry about the dirt but I like my babies au natural

dirty-belle1.jpg

This is big fat Marcy...she has a bit of weight problem...I haven't had her tested but I am thinking Cushings and feeding her as such.

fat-marcy-n-mabel.jpg

Last but not least..Sparkle Lee

sparlke-lee.jpg

And a link to on line photo album for the more boring family stuff

http://photobucket.com/albums/v738/tazz001/

ohhhhh, they all look so precious and cute!
wub.gif
Thanks for sharing. Have you ever tried feeding a little cinnamon to your donkey that you think might have cushings? Corinne

Welcome!!!!! Glad you joined!!!! I love the pictures of your donkeys, they are really nice!!
saludando.gif

saludando.gif
Hi and welcome! I am a mom of 4 boys, 2 little donkeys, a mini gelding and 2 big guys and we live in PA too just not too close to you (we are in Lancaster County) - Darn I would love another donkey pal close by
wink.gif

Welcome
saludando.gif
to the forum from the thumb aarea of Michigan. We have 2 donkeys and mini/Shetlands and minis.

Hi! Welcome to the forum from the Southwest. I won't say wonderful NM 'cause I would be lying
rolleyes.gif

Mabel is beautiful....dirt and all! Your kids look well loved and cared for.

Thanks all for the hearty welcome!!

My girls aere so hard to get pictures of...they always want to eat!!

As for the cinnamon for my old girl...I will try that!! Just what to put it in is a question. My girls are all sooooo chubby. I don't give them any feed other than a handful or 2 in the winter. and hay.

Many think I feed them way to much but the acual pasture is only 300 ft by 300 ft and stays pretty well picked over. We let them out for an hour or 2 in the lawn for pops and that keeps the weight on them.

I need to get some pics of the girls helping bring in groceries...its pretty humerous to watch them try to steal stuff out of the van. Emma is our very inquistive one and has even climbed in to try to get to a box of cereal!!

Gotta love the long ears...they keep you laughing!!

They are all nice - I really like Mabel ( yes - I am a sucker for markings )! At first when I saw that you lived in Gillett I thought wow - can I come visit? Then

I realised - wrong state - but

hey, very nice long ears any hoo!!

Welcome to the forum! I love your donkeys too, it looks like you have a nice little group there. Will you have any babys next yr from them?

No no babies scheduled for next year
no.gif
We just sold off the last of our lil ones
no.gif
but the good thing is she went to home with her 1/2 sister who was purchased the year before....her new owners even said donkeys are addictive!!

Sparkle and Marcy are both in theire 20's so I am not going to breed them yearly. I bought both from a lady who bred them yearly and these are my only pets and I really want them around forever!!

Mabel has been exposed to a jack many many times...I am thinking she might have some fertility problems. Not a good thing as she has some pretty nice features.

Emma acidentaly got bred when she was 2...had a very nice lil jack and was a good mom. So far I haven't found a jack that I want to send her to as we sold ours (he was more of a mutt than anything but very good natured even to the kids handling him w/o me being worried)

I may breed them next year, not sure. I would love to find a nice chocolate jack to breed them too.

In all my excitment about my new boy! I never sent a welcome to you!! I am soo sorry!

Your donkeys are soo cute! I like the spoted one!!

Welcome!

RNR

Latest posts

Back