Weird Phobiaz...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
I have a phobia of balloons and have ever since I can remember... Anyone else have a odd phobia... I've jst startd going to a councellor and its great, I feel I am normal for once lol.

So what are your phobias and how do you deal wih them?????

Never realized I had one until I started dating my BF and he pointed it out. Dirty feet. I cannot Stand to have My feet or His feet dirty! Ewwww gross gross. they Must be washed Now, Yuck!

It's not really a phobia, but I can't stand bare feet and naked kids, LOL. Those are just two things that make me nuts.

Not sure what it is called,

but I can not touch cotton balls,,,,,,,,or hear someone seperate a cotton ball.

It's like the cotton gets under my skin and is rubbing on my nerves,,,,makes my skin hurt, my teeth hurt...
default_wacko.png
:

I have become very created when getting the cotton out of medicine bottles,,,,cause the sound bothers me too.

Yip, I know
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: Even talking about it makes me feel like my skin is rolling up my arms.

done

Popciles, just the thought of the wooden stick inside grooses me out, I cant even try and eat one without thinking o the feeling of biting into the wood and the shivers that run down my spine IF I do do bite into it.....ugggg creeps me out. that and the stick the doctor puts in my mouth if your sick. *shivers* I cant deal with that. Has been a phobia of mine forever.

Clowns and porciline dolls are also other ones. Not sure if they would be phoibias or just just give me the creeps.
default_unsure.png
:

I completely come unraveled on dirt roads with a cliff/ravine/river/canyon etc.... on one side of the road

:eek:

I'm not sure how wierd this is and it's more of an intense revultion than a fear, but I freak out over beatle type insects. They are the most disgusting thing on the planet to me.

My fear of heights is pretty intense, too. I get that jello joint feeling just from seeing heights on TV.

Carolyn, I also do not like the sound / feel of separating cotton balls. It "hurts" my bones like.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with cottonitis. The name I've given my phobia of cotton. I can't touch it,talk about it, or even think about without getting the same sensations as you Carolyn. Just creeps me out and gives me the willies to no end....My other phobia is more normal......Spiders.....CAN'T stand them and lose all sence of rational behavior if I see one......

Yep, I have one of those stupid phobias too!
default_sad.png
Can't stand caves or closed in places.
default_wacko.png
: Think it stems from ornery brothers locking me in closets when I was little!
default_unsure.png
: I also have an extreme fear of being in show rings! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: I did show dogs at one time but never enjoyed it....have not shown a horse yet and yet I want so badly to do it before I die!
default_yes.gif
: Mary

I hate someone rubbing their fingernails through stryomfome, also dont like cotton although I can tolerate it

Thistles

I'm not the least bit afraid of anything else -- rats, insects, heights -- nothing really bothers me except for thistles. The worst thing is to be walking through tall grass and come face to face with a big, ugly, hairy one...

This started as a silly, little childhood thing, but my brothers and sisters tortured me with them, planting huge ones outside my bedroom window, etc.

At least I can laugh about it!

FROGS

WORMS

TIGHT SPACES

PEOPLE THAT I DON'T KNOW/HAVING TO MEET PEOPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME

BRIDGES

DIRTY TOILETS

BURGER KING

CLOWNS........When I was in kindergarden I won an award for the City of Bridgeport's "Smiling Contest" and it was presented to me by world famous clown Emmet Kelly Jr. I fainted.
default_yes.gif
:

i absolutely HATE that cotton separating thing too! oh i can't stand it! but my really creepie phobia:

*breathes heavy working up courage to say it. pause. deep breath ...*
default_blush.png
: HOLES!
default_blush.png
: *hides under table*

default_rolleyes.gif
: ever since i was really little. they have terrified me. holes in the ground, not so much. little round holes scare the life out of me. you know how cheez-its have those little holes in the middle....i can't look at them while i eat them. i can live with donuts, but that's not really a circular hole, just an open blob. oh, bowling balls have those holes for your fingers. i can't bowl because if i look at the ball, i get sick. so i don't use the spot for the fingers, and just randomly roll it around and hope it hits something. in cartoons where somebody gets hit with something, and it leaves a whole through there body, i start flipping out, and screaming until its gone. when i see a door with a missing doorknob, but it has a hole for the knob, i wince and have to close my eyes to kick open the door. and bike helmits that have those holes, nope can't be in the same room with them. my mom has this wooden stirring spoon that has a hole in the middle. if i see her making something with it, i am suddenly no longer hungry....off to bed before i :smileypuke: ! i even get sick to my stomach if i see a nostril at a wrong angle. oh, and round windows: fine. if they're open: i'm queezy beyond beleif. if i don't immediately shut my eyes, the world starts spinning faster than i can keep up with it
default_wacko.png
: if i get a hole in clothing, i have to disspose of it, or else it will haunt me! with salt/pepper shakers, i have to cover them with a napkin or i cannot stand to be at the same table. and there is an electric pencil sharpener at the desk i am sitting at right now. it's giving me the creeps. i fear i may :smileypuke: unless i cover it. there we go, just shoved it behind the monitor.

hehehe, yeah, weird i know.

oh, and the first time i saw those earings that are ring-shaped and make a huge hole in your ear, big enough to put a finger through, i screamed like there was no tomarrow.

so, no, i have no body peircing whatsoever because i could not stand the thought of having a dreaded hole *shudder, cringe* in my own body.

creepie huh?

Spiders.... yuck!! I saw a something on tv when I was little about this lady laying in bed and she screamed and the spider fell in her mouth! Just talking about it gives me the willies big time! Ever sence then I have this fear that while I'm sleeping a spider will fall in my mouth or crawl in my ear and ......... YUCK!!!! I sleep with the covers over my head and always will! Hubby thinks I'm strange but oh well! LOL! I can't touch them or look at them, if I see one I scream and run! Expecially those big barn spiders or those little black jumping ones! Yuck!!!!! They'll jump right on you!!!!

Also things in groups. Like groups of bees, or ants, or even people! Yuck!! Makes my stomach turn thinking of it! Oh.. or indian apples, all the little seeds in groups! :no:

One more is heights! Will not, can not, go any higher then a step stool to look in the pantry. Even then I have to hang on for dear life! I can't stand near a tall building or if a barn or mall has a really high celing(sp?) I cant go in. I get panic stricken.

I know I'm wierd but what can you do! :bgrin

Popciles, just the thought of the wooden stick inside grooses me out, I cant even try and eat one without thinking o the feeling of biting into the wood and the shivers that run down my spine IF I do do bite into it.....ugggg creeps me out. that and the stick the doctor puts in my mouth if your sick. *shivers* I cant deal with that. Has been a phobia of mine forever.

Clowns and porciline dolls are also other ones. Not sure if they would be phoibias or just just give me the creeps.
default_unsure.png
:

ME TOO! On both accounts. Just thinking about a wooden popsicle stick, Dr. stick, etc makes my teeth feel weird and gives me shivers. Toothpicks bug me too. Especially when people chew on them. Aarrggg.

Clowns and dolls too. Clowns especially. I do know one other person that is creeped out by clowns.

Heights totally freak me out and get me dizzy. My fiacne and I stayed at this hotel once and we got to choose the floor so I'm like the top one not thinking it thru, just thinking it would be cool. So we go up to the 10th floor on a clear elevator and get to the top and there's an open center of the hotel so you can look down to the atrium level..yeah I never looked down!! That elevator ride was bad enough. (Who ever thought clear elevators were cool!)

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!

I GET REALLY CREEPED OUT ABOUT THOSE PACKING PEANUTS! THEY MAKE ME WANT TO CRAWL OUT OF MY SKIN! AND TO MAKE THEM EVEN WORSE...THEY STICK TO YOU AND YOU CAN'T RID YOURSELF OF THEM! IT IS LIKE THEY ARE ATTACKING YOU! I HAVE TO STOP NOW
default_wacko.png
: I AM GETTING THAT FEELING!

I'm loving this thread. I'm sure there's a bunch of things I can't think of right now but probably the oddest is the sound of brushing teeth sends chills down my spine like nails on a chalkboard (and yes for those that are wondering I still brush mine
default_rolleyes.gif
: lol).. When it's on tv it does it to me every time, but sometimes when I hear people brushing their teeth (okay a little more than sometimes) or if I'm brushing my own, mostly if it's a stiff brush on the teeth though just the sound it makes. Even the thought of the sound gives me the heeby jeebies a little.
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_unsure.png
:

OK I dont think I am scared of this, but Darn well hate it.

T he sound of people who "click" their fingernails. What a sound, someone who takes their thumb and clicks it against another nail. I believe I could hurt someone who does that. I also dont like when someone clicks their fingers on a bed headboard, wall, door, anything like that. Shivers down your spine.

And one other thing, flys. That has to be the eeriest feeling when they "sit" down on you.

Latest posts

Back