Weimaraners

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniaturePrincess429

Reaction score
I've recently become smitten with Weimaraners, and was wondering if anyone had one (or more:) ) post pics please!

I know quite a few Weims and I just love them. They're great dogs if you have an active lifestyle. You have to remember that they're a hunting dog so have been bred to "go all day". So if they don't have a job to do or some form of exercise they will likely become a problem dog. They are certainly a dog to be part of the family. Not too sure what else to share with you!

A lady I feed for has 2, part weimaraners/labs and they are great dogs. They're very friendly and love everyone
default_wub.png

They are my absolute favorite puppy. I just love their satiny ears...and their fur ( what little there is ) is just unbelievably soft. I have never owned one but would assume they are a pretty active dog...needing lots of one on one attention and exercise. I have always considered them a good family dog.

But

Only 3 days ago, in Cape Coral Florida, a 2 year old little boy was bitten in the neck by the family weim. and was killed. From the paper the little boy just walked in front of the dog and was bit. Very sad. The family owned 2 weims and had never even seen any signs of aggression from either dog. Neighbors all said they were a great family and their dogs were always a joy to watch playing in the yard and well cared for.

Just a real horribly sad situation. You just never what a dog can do or what they are thinking.

Back