Weight Watchers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley --

I haven't tried it in terms of the program. That just wouldn't be me with the meetings and the weigh-in's. I am really a loner for the most part.

However, I have been dieting for a couple weeks now and walking each day (since finding out I have diabetes). I have been eating a lot of lean cuisine and weight watchers smart-one meals. They are good!!! I love them and love having something different every night. It makes portion control pretty easy. I just eat slow and drink a big glass of water about 20 minutes before eating. I've already lost 5 pounds and I can't say I've been hungry. It's very easy so far!

Plus, one of the grocery stores will usually have some diet meal brand on sale for less than $2/each. That's a pretty good deal in my book. My freezer is full of those things.
default_smile.png

Good luck,

Jill

I tried it years ago and lost a lot of weight. about 50 lb Different types of dieting work for different people. The thing that weight watchers has over some of the other plans it that you are eating every day foods not prepared food that you have to buy through the program. That makes it easier to make it a life time habit.

Three years ago I did my own diet thing. An apple in the morning. A lean pocket for lunch. An apple in the afternoon. What ever the family was eatting for dinner but a smaller portion. I lost 50 lb in 5 months. Gained about 20 back

Last year I tried the low carb and did well on that. In fact a lot of my joint pain and aches are gone as long as I stick to it. I lost 30 lb and gained less then 10 back, That gain was all between Thanksgiving and Christmas

A month ago I start back with the low carb and have added the gym to it. So far I have lost 7 lb and feel great.

In the end it does not matter how you do it. You just need something you can stick with. Come times you need the support of other people, some of us like to do it on our own. Find what works for you and do it FOR YOU.

It is funny that this topic has come up! :aktion033:

Firstly I have to agree with Jill. I have the occasional Lean Cuisine and some are very good. :aktion033:

I would not classify myself as overweight at all but after two kids, let's just say I have a little extra on the old love handles etc.

I initially looked into Apple Cider Vinegar to give to my horse but when I did a Google search, I found a huge following on it for weight loss (I never realised). I have just started taking it (two weeks) 2-3 table spoons in juice 3 x a day 30 mins before meals. I have to say I have definitely noticed benefits. I am less bloated, have lost a little already in the top half of my body, but the best part is it really curbs your appetite. I do not feel nearly as hungry as I normally would and am eating less because of it.

Do a google search and read for yourself, it is amazing just how many things ACV is used for as a natural remedy, and once you get used to the taste it is actually quite nice!

I was in at the health shop buying some more tonight and I was told that it needs to be ACV with "mother" in it (who knew again). It should not be filtered as all the goodness will be lost. I previously took a supermarket brand which is probably not as effective either.

My problem is my sweet tooth..........I have to try and give up the chocolate!
default_sad.png

Anyway just a suggestion and good luck! :saludando:

i went to the meetings a few years back and did quite well with it despite the fact that i was trying to do it without bothering to exercise. then, i moved and didn't have access to the meetings so i kind of fell back on to old ways (the healthy things just hadn't become habit for me)

in december i joined the online ww's and this time i'm using exercise along with the healthier eating and have been doing EXTREMELY well. i've lost 22lbs (as of my last official weigh-in on sunday) and am feeling great! i'm doing a bit of running for the first time in my life too!

i would highly recommend it.

I've been going to meetings in Baldwin, I've lost 3.5 lbs in 3 weeks. I love it.... I'm hoping to have my 5 lbs star this week!
default_yes.gif
: I have to be down 15-20 lbs by May for my wedding!

About a week ago I bought The Biggest Loser Cookbook, it's got some good recipies and tips in it. I can not follow a diet I have to just cut back and watch what I eat. I also eat Lean Cuisines for lunch. I try to use a recipe from the cook book for lunch and breakfast and since I have to cook regulare food for my family I eat what they have but i'm very carful on the amount.

Try the special k bars and the flavored mini rice cakes, they're good too.

Leslie

It is funny that this topic has come up! :aktion033:

Firstly I have to agree with Jill. I have the occasional Lean Cuisine and some are very good. :aktion033:

I would not classify myself as overweight at all but after two kids, let's just say I have a little extra on the old love handles etc.

I initially looked into Apple Cider Vinegar to give to my horse but when I did a Google search, I found a huge following on it for weight loss (I never realised). I have just started taking it (two weeks) 2-3 table spoons in juice 3 x a day 30 mins before meals. I have to say I have definitely noticed benefits. I am less bloated, have lost a little already in the top half of my body, but the best part is it really curbs your appetite. I do not feel nearly as hungry as I normally would and am eating less because of it.

Do a google search and read for yourself, it is amazing just how many things ACV is used for as a natural remedy, and once you get used to the taste it is actually quite nice!

I was in at the health shop buying some more tonight and I was told that it needs to be ACV with "mother" in it (who knew again). It should not be filtered as all the goodness will be lost. I previously took a supermarket brand which is probably not as effective either.

My problem is my sweet tooth..........I have to try and give up the chocolate!
default_sad.png

Anyway just a suggestion and good luck! :saludando:
Ive heard that before with the ACV...a co-worker of mine does this. I havent tried it yet, because I just cant get past "drinking" vinegar...
default_frusty.gif
:
default_eat.gif
:

But, you dont really have to give up chocolate. DARK chocolate is good for you (in small amounts) since it has antioxidents (sp?) in it. Get some Hershey's bite size pcs. and break it into 4 smaller pieces and suck on each pc...trust me it works...you get your chocolate fix and its healthy, too! :risa8:

Ive heard that before with the ACV...a co-worker of mine does this. I havent tried it yet, because I just cant get past "drinking" vinegar... But, you dont really have to give up chocolate. DARK chocolate is good for you (in small amounts) since it has antioxidents (sp?) in it. Get some Hershey's bite size pcs. and break it into 4 smaller pieces and suck on each pc...trust me it works...you get your chocolate fix and its healthy, too!
It is actually not as bad as it seems! I put mine in juice and I am now really used to the taste, it is quite a nice drink.

I know dark chocolate is better for you but I like all the fatty bad stuff lol! I am not sure if we have Hershey's in Oz but I will look into it. Thank you for the advice and sorry to hijack the post!

:saludando:

I did it years ago and lost alot of weight and really maintained for a while- The thing I like about it was the weekly weighin.. even though only one person sees what you way the thought of that one person was really a huge part in keeping me motivated. I didnt really stay for the meetings though.

A huge advantage IMO is how it really allows you to eat anything you want at all

I lost 65 pounds in 13 months and my daughter has now lost almost 30 in 5 months. I will become a lifetime member next week. For some weird reason I found it pretty easy. While I enjoyed losing 4-6 pounds a week (in the beginning stages), it makes a whole lot more sense to lose a bit slower and have a better chance of keeping it off. It was a bit pricey, but worked, so was worth it! My way of looking at food, and at eating, is completely changed and I doubt I will ever go back to where I was. I love that I can still eat anywhere I want; no special foods required. My problem now is that I need to stay at the weight I am and stop losing. :aktion033: As far as chocolate...I still eat it!! :bgrin Just in moderation.
default_wink.png
: It all boils down to how badly you want it because it is a lifestyle change, not just a "diet."

But, you dont really have to give up chocolate. DARK chocolate is good for you (in small amounts) since it has antioxidents (sp?) in it. Get some Hershey's bite size pcs. and break it into 4 smaller pieces and suck on each pc...trust me it works...you get your chocolate fix and its healthy, too! :risa8:

Guess what! Hershey's has come out with 100 calorie bars!!! I have the dark chocolate ones...

I allow myself 1/2 per day, so that's just 50 calories and I'm getting used to "just a taste".

Love those 100 calorie snacks!

Shelley

Forgot to say I just found these weight watchers frozen breakfast sandwiches YUMM me and Raven love them and she loves the Ziti Macaroni and turkey dinners.. funny she has the opposite problem she really needs to gain some weight but she loves the weight watchers food

I find it hard to eat breakfast, I am the type that starts eating at supper until bedtime at 11:30 p.m.

How can I change, just do not feel good eating in the morning?

Easier said than done.

Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

My MIL has been on WW for as long as I've known her (over 20 yrs now) and she is still over weight. Granted she is less than 5' tall and is an eating fanatic. If it's there, she eats it. It's amazing to watch how fast she can cram potato chips or other snack food into her mouth :new_shocked: . She usually gets really picky about "how much she eats" the week she checks in.

I will say though that I tried the "diet" part of it on my hubby and he did loose weight pretty quick. I think it basically tries to get you to eat a balanced diet. Not too many breads, more veggies. Me, I can eat anything and stay slim......is that bad?
default_wink.png
: His family actually gives me a hard time because I'm the thinnest in the group and I'm the only one that doesn't drink diet soda...........
default_whistling.gif
: and yes, I do feel for those that can't loose weight easily. I know it's a real battle. I see it daily here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ashley -

I say GO FOR IT! I'm doing it for the 3rd time in my life, and every time it has helped tremendously:) I've never hit lifetime member, the first 2 times I've been shy of it a few pounds but satisfied with how I was looking and feeling, and getting bored with the program, so I dropped out. Then slowly I'd find I was slipping into bad habits and gaining, so back I'd go. I don't see it as a failure as I've never gotten as heavy as that first time that I joined. However, 3rd time is a charm, and this time I'm not stopping until I hit lifetime! That way it's FREE!

I never thought I'd like the meetings either, and frankly sometimes I sit there and feel a little bit like I'm part of a Saturday night live skit - but you know what - I have found it helps. I get new ideas and I'm around people that are motivated to lose weight. And I agree with the person who said it makes you accountable when you know you are going to weigh in every week and someone is going to see it and know if you're progressing or if you're fibbing and cheating yourself.

I've told myself a million times before I started again this last time that I should just be able to do it on my own, but I found that I just wasn't doing it!

Good luck to you whatever you decide!

P.S. Minimule - if you're MIL isn't losing, it's because she's not really following the prorgram! (I know you already know that).

Also, just wanted to pass on something that is helping my anti-social don't want to do meetings self :bgrin I think I am sort of getting the weight watchers type of motivation knowing I'll be stepping onto the scale each time I see the doctor and that also helps right now.

I keep track of everything I eat. Being an obsessive type person -- I have a spreadsheet and I log everything I eat! Doing this has made me realize HOW MUCH I used to eat and almost mindlessly at that where I wasn't even enjoying it just eating it. It's crazy. This spreadsheet totals up the calories for each day and then at the end of the week will tell me how many calories I averaged per day. Like I said, I am somewhat obsessive and intense about things I get "into".
default_rolleyes.gif
: But, it helps a lot and also makes me less likely to "cheat" because I make myself officially log in whatever I cheated with (I did get into some chips last night but only a few!).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
6 people I know have been very successful on this!

They all look great and very slim!

However, I am not the type, maybe I am stubborn.

BUT I know eat less, exercise more, don't eat late at night, drink lots of water and you will loose weight! I just have to do it!!!!!!

I am actually not overweight by ww standards but by my standards I am!!

I lost 20 lbs a few years ago by walking 2 miles EVERY night, not eating one thing after 6pm, eating smaller portions. It was easy and I never felt like I was dieting and the dogs loved the walk!

Sometimes it was hard to motivate myself to walk in a snow blizzard but I did it!

Good Luck!

Mom, Sis and I are 5 weeks in now. It seems to be working for us so far. I'm down 10, Mom's down 13 and my Sister is down 4 ( she really doesn't need to lose, she just goes to babysit us haa haa). Anyway, we're doing the monthly pass. The use of the website is helpful. We're sticking with it for now. Good luck to you
default_smile.png
. Brandi

Anybody tried it? Opinions?
Tried it love it
default_wub.png
: I started in December and have lost 15 lbs, I love all the food you can eat, just have to count those points. I am motivated not to be wider than my mini gelding
default_rolleyes.gif
: I have went to a web site called aimess adventure and they have wonderful recipes on it that are easy to fix, I even ordered her cook books so I didn't have to look them up on line.

Weight Watchers is one of the most doctor recomended diet. When I went in for my check up and I had my coloesteral (?sp) checked it had come down so much the doctor was amazed he couldn't believe it. Good luck. :saludando:

Latest posts

Back