wee foal 38

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raine

Reaction score
Can anybody give me some insight on the wee foal 38 i have just tested a liitle mare of mine and i got one strong line and one very faint line.

I know you have to have 2 lines for a postive but should they both be strong lines???

Thanks

I've never done one so I'm not sure about the faint line? I am wondering how you collect the urine for it I just purchased one for my mare..

The lines will not be the same intensity, so yes, the test line will be fainter than the control one. A picture might help (or might not!).

I have had good luck collecting urine from where they pee on the ground or in the stall, sopping it up with a paper towel I carry in my pocket, squeezing it out into a clean paper cup and then FILTERING the urine through a clean paper towel. That is not the approved way of doing it, but it always worked for me.

I haven't used the 38 test yet, so sorry, no help there..

I tape a maxi pad to the girls I want tested (use a strip of duct tape, lightly place).. Usually works, just make sure you check often as the duct tape doesn't hold super tight and they'll eventually rub it off or swish it off with their tails.. Then I squeeze it into a paper cup and run the test..

Ive tryed to attach a photo but just cant seem to do it!!! The faint line is there but only just....i do hate it when it gives you an un clear reading....

I really want this mare to be pregnant so she probably isnt LOL...I cant have her scanned because it stresses her out to much..i will just have to order another one.

As far as collecting i stand around for hours ..i really do!!! and i have collected the pee off of the floor if they wee just before i can run to them..it works even if there's a little dirt mixed in..The pads a good idea but not all mine will have that..they will rub it off within seconds.

Has anyone got a photo of a faint line when they have ended up pregnant..see im getting desperate now LOL

Devon, it's really really easy. This is how they take urine at the track and other competitions for drug tests and it always works for me. Most horses will urinate when you put them in their stall (mine do) after being out. So, you get a broom stick (or any other long wooden stick) and tape a styrofoam cup to the end with duct tape. Stand a ways away and when they squat bring the cup over and...voila!

raine, I believe if you get any second line at all it's a positive. Here's Lex's (38) done at 53 days last month (the second line got darker as the time went on):

DSCF00582.jpg

Devon, it's really really easy. This is how they take urine at the track and other competitions for drug tests and it always works for me. Most horses will urinate when you put them in their stall (mine do) after being out. So, you get a broom stick (or any other long wooden stick) and tape a styrofoam cup to the end with duct tape. Stand a ways away and when they squat bring the cup over and...voila!

raine, I believe if you get any second line at all it's a positive. Here's Lex's (38) done at 53 days last month (the second line got darker as the time went on):

DSCF00582.jpg

Mat i could kiss you LOL looks just like mine...yipee maybe she is pregnant...it took about 5 minutes for my second line to appear and its about the same as yours maybe slightly fainter but there....

Mat i could kiss you LOL looks just like mine...yipee maybe she is pregnant...it took about 5 minutes for my second line to appear and its about the same as yours maybe slightly fainter but there....

Oooo. I like kisses
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back