Web sites(We are wanting to get a web site_

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Freewebs, and I have never had a problem with it.
default_smile.png

You are welcome to visit my site, the link is in my signature. I am always working on it trying to improve it!

I use yahoo sitebuilder which is free if you get yahoo hosting. Yahoo gives you your domain name for free and 25 email addys for 11.95 per month. yahoo sitebuilder is very easy to use. I think this is also what karla uses.

here are the sites i have made

baxters painted pasture

buckeye miniature horse club

bmhc

bertrands horse ranch

bertrands

Last edited:
For software, I use a combination of Coffee Cup and just plain old Netscape Composer. I have mine hosted through Earthlink who also registered the domain for me years and years ago. I think Earthlink is probably one of the more expensive services, but I'm too lazy to change at this point. I don't know of my website ever having gone down and they do have good customer support when I've called with questions. I pay $20/month for it to be hosted.

:saludando: Hi! My website's www.devencreekminiatures.com

I made mine myself..... Well.... I went threw register.com It's about $150+ a year. Not too bad. I like to beable to go in and make what ever changes and updates, "when ever". It works for me..... pretty easy to use. I know there's some free ones.... but I wanted my own domain and nothing long to me to have to type/print out and stuff.

Hello,

All of these web sites are great. I am still learning this computer stuff. I would have to have help putting my site together mostly, but sometimes computer are hard to work out.
default_wacko.png
:

thanks melissa

Oops, I forgot to say that I pay $30 a year for the website hosting. That comes to only $2.50 a MONTH!

No ads. www.arishost.com

I used WebEasy and I can do changes any time I want to.

I'm glad you were finally able to see my site Melissa
default_smile.png

:aktion033: very nice websites and very nice horses. :aktion033:

I will try to see up I can come up with later on.

It will take me forever with this computer stuff(haha)

When and If I get our website going I will let you all know.

thanks MELISSA

My site is a work in progress, but it's at www.holymolyminis.com. My husband and I have owned a web design business for almost 7 years. We update all of our clients sites for them. Many people don't have time to keep their sites updated so it makes it easier for them. They just email me the updates and we do the changes. Also, once you have a website, you have to know how to get it where people can find it! ~ : )

I am new to minis, but I enjoy working on mine in between working on other peoples. I also have one for our cattery - www.holymolycats.com.

Stephanie

Last edited by a moderator:
I do web design professionally and have done so for ten years.

My site is www.equineobsession.com - and you can view my clients' sites on my "portfolio" page.

I did ours:

www.hummingbirdhill.net

I've been looking for a couple other farms to do on the side for some extra spending money. PM me if anyone is interested.

Fox Holler Farm website

I use Bravenet as my server and they provide a free package to design and maintain the website. Is very easy to do. Need DSL link however to use it and not be frustrated.

They offer guest books, counters, photo albums etc.. -- they have a FREE version (with advertising) and a version that is fairly cheap - as well as a more expensive one.

I have one of the paying versions and have no limits on the number of pictures I can upload and display nor the number of pages etc.. Doubt I will ever have enough traffic to outgrow the rest of it.

I am happy with it.

JJay

Our website is the link at the bottom of this posting. My hubby does it but then he is a retired 'puter programmer so that's an advantage for me! Sometimes I get left hanging just like the proverbial shoemaker kids without shoes but in general he does a good job. It's through an overseas company I believe and we pay about $70 a year.

I did my own site on Yahoo. I know some people won't look at yahoo sites because of the advertisement, but I think it is pretty good considering
default_smile.png

:aktion033: I am loving all these great sites.

Any ideals on what we could use as our home page for our farm name

Paint By Numbers Ranch.

thanks melissa

My sister and I created our site on freewebs which we plan to upgrade to our own domain in the near future. You can click on the link in my signature to view it.

Mona did/does mine and does a wonderful job of it.

www.rockinrobinminis.com

Robin

Back