Weather Storm Warning - Ontario

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only coming along if I get to make snow angels.
default_biggrin.png

My mom use to bundle us up to the point where we waddled when we walked so when we fell down it was just easier to lay there and make snow angels. Gosh those were the good ol days.

I loved the snow in Wisconsin it was just the freaking below zero temps we couldnt take anymore so off to Texas we went.
default_yes.gif

Now got another question for you ladies, are we talking flavored Baileys Irish Cream? I love that stuff and did not know it came in Caramel and Mint, where I have been lately!
Denise, you can make all the snow angels you want BUT we might lose you in the snow it will be pretty deep. As it is the snow for us is calf deep so add another 2 feet or more
default_wacko.png
default_new_shocked.gif

Too late to change your mind, I am about to knock on your door. I hope you have longjohns and a "stocking cap", another person from Texas told me you call it that. Oh and you can try the caramel Bailey's Irish Cream too, what a bonus
default_biggrin.png
. It's only -17 celcius right now so you will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Denise, you can make all the snow angels you want BUT we might lose you in the snow it will be pretty deep"
default_new_rofl.gif
Now wouldnt that be a pic!

I've got my Polaris ski parka, mittens and my blue hoodie ready. Going to have to stop and buy boots, gave mine all away when we moved south.
default_biggrin.png

Wow, you guys are making me miss the snow...snow angels, the peaceful faint sounds of the snow falling, the hush and coolness of it all, being all bundled up, playing in the snow and making snowmen with the kids, curling up in front of the fireplace with hot cocoa....I didn't realize how much I miss those things. I truly am envying you tonight.

I'm in Ottawa and are we ever getting hit hard, had to go to work this morning which was no problem but after being there 8 hours I go out to my car and theres a snow drift the size of my car right beside it
default_new_shocked.gif
Then coming home on MAJOR roads I ended up getting stuck three times...was told they aren't even sending the plows out on the roads til after the storm is over because they have to keep highways cleared. Hope everyone stays safe out there! I know I won't be going out again.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
this has been one heck of a storm and it ain't over yet folks. I had to put on a pair of snowshoes to get to the barn this evening. This morning was bad but this evening was absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! I will have some pics for you later, progressive pics. I should have taken some before this hit. We had about a foot before this hit, now, I would say minimum 3 feet and it's not over. Where I am, near the Saint Lawrence River, they said to expect another 15 cm so another 1/2 foot or more before the storm FINALLY moves out tomorrow afternoon. This afternoon we had a bout of ice pellets whipped up interminently with 70k winds, so about 35/45 mile an hour winds. At one point I couldn't see our barn
default_new_shocked.gif
. Of course tonight my youngest horse, Jagger, just had to prove me how much a comedian he is :DOH! . I wanted to fill the waterbucket for inside from the heated water trough that is to the side of the barn. First I was having a difficult enough time with these snowshoes on inside the barn
default_yes.gif
, the horses must of thought "why is mom walking like a doofus?" so I open the bottom half of the back door, never thinking they would run out...
default_new_shocked.gif
Abby, Storm, Jagger and Crystal have the run of half the barn... anyway Crystal went out and stopped dead in her track and walked gently to the water trough and came right back in, don't blame her, smart mare. Abby wouldn't even go out and of course dear Jagger... GRRRR. He starts being a butt and bitting Storms legs wanting to play so out they both go, they stop dead in their tracks, look around... I thought they had just gone to the trough, right outside the door. WRONG :DOH! I was busy putting the waterbuckets in the stalls for my others... still no Jagger or Storm coming back in. Wind starts whipping the stuff around AGAIN, I got out and peek through the scarf I have wrapped around my forehead, my mouth, peeking out. THERE THEY ARE, IDIOT!!! They are half way down the pasture eating at the round bale
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
. Duh, they have hay in the barn!!! So old mom has to go out with her trusty snowshoes and chase those two idiots back into the barn. Of course Jagger got stuck in the snow, he is not very tall and the snow was above his chest
default_wacko.png
. He managed to get moving and went tearing into the barn to cause more havoc, running like a little kid, so excited, pushing Abby and Crystal around
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
. I managed to get back into the barn, slam the bottom half of the door I had opened and contain the little rascals. Phewww, never knew going out to feed and water would be such a chore. Needless to say none in this household are going to work tomorrow. Will take all day to get things back to semi-normal out there. Should be a treat to go get hay in my other building tomorrow
default_wacko.png
. You might have to send a search party
default_biggrin.png

SO much snow! Our road hasn't been plowed ALL day! UGH!

Its not snowing right now
default_sad.png

I wanted a SNOW DAY
default_biggrin.png

This was just a waste of a weekend LOL I couldnt go out ANYWHERE :DOH!

I'm in Ottawa and are we ever getting hit hard, had to go to work this morning which was no problem but after being there 8 hours I go out to my car and theres a snow drift the size of my car right beside it
default_new_shocked.gif
Then coming home on MAJOR roads I ended up getting stuck three times...was told they aren't even sending the plows out on the roads til after the storm is over because they have to keep highways cleared. Hope everyone stays safe out there! I know I won't be going out again.

I am not too far from you if you. I work in Ottawa but I can tell you I won't be going in tomorrow, that's FOR SURE. I am 50 minutes southwest of you, between Kemptville and Merrickville
default_saludando.gif

It's starting to let up a bit here now....I literally had to PUSH Moxie out the door twice today!!! She had no interest in trekking through the snow....then I went out and shoveled (both times) so she had a track to 'go' on!!
default_laugh.png

And I was thinking of taking the puppies out to play today
default_sad.png
Oh well, there better be a decent day coming up soon!!!!!! And I really hope my Dad doesn't wake us (me and the pups) up at 3:00 AM when he will be leaving to blow snow!!!
default_wacko.png

You know they are calling for RAIN next weekend????
default_unsure.png
I'll believe that when I see it though...

~kathryn

Well it is snowing here. I went to work this morning, an hour drive one way. Roads were nasty. Was there 2 hours and other employee told me to go home as it was getting worse. She only lives 2 minutes away by foot from work. So I headed home, was worse on way back. My hubby was busy all day as he does driveways with his truck and plow as well as the tractor and snowblower. My little dog Teddy just loves the snow and he leaps like a kangaroo through it. The mini mares/fillies are happily eating there hay in the huge warm outdoor shed. My stud Booker has a shed all to himself and also was happily eating hay in there. Kid and Finn are in boxstalls in the barn as Finns shed is not wind proof, open both front and back and Kid is staying in on bad days, will only go out on nice days with his winter blanket on. My hubby can't wait until it stops and the skidoo trails are groomed as he loves skidooing. I enjoy going with him as well.

It's quiet here before the last of it hits us overnight :DOH!
default_no.gif
. They are now telling us for our area to expect white-out conditions tonight, perhaps another 15 cm (they have to be joking
default_frusty.gif
) and gusting winds of up to 80 kh an hour
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
. This is being forecast for those between Kingston and Cornwall since we are so close to the Saint Lawrence. Oh joy oh bliss
default_new_rofl.gif
default_crybaby.gif
. At least I got a batch of "bath bombs" made today
default_wacko.png
. They have not plowed our roads and won't till the snow stops, so tomorrow morning or afternoon at some point.
default_pray.gif

It has STOPPED SNOWING, WOOHOO!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Now let the fun begin of getting dug out of this
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
. I keep trying to talk myself into getting dressed and getting out there
default_new_argue.gif
but my right brain doesn't want to cooperate.... I will take more pics this morning and post all later, the ones I took yesterday, last night and today. For now I better go and tend to my gang who I am sure are ready to kick the barn down. I will have to let them out for a bit today at least but first I will have to shovel the front of the barn to open the door or I will have lots of snow fall into the barn
default_no.gif
. At least the way the snow drifted last night there is a small area at the back of the barn (into the main pasture) that is really good and near the water trough, which is wonderful, but the rest is not nice. I know the horses will probably love it, well maybe not my soon to be 30 year old arabian mare. I have no idea where I am going to put the manure
default_new_shocked.gif
as there is NO WAY I can go very far with my wheelbarrel :DOH! . Time to put on my snowshoes. My husband bought me these last year and we had a green Christmas with VERY little snow last winter. I am SOOOOOOOO happy he bought these for me
default_cheekkiss.gif
or I truly would not have been able to get to the horses or ducks yesterday. See you all later
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back