We Never Know It All

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry that you had to go through thay. I hope your new mare recovers quickly and settles right in to her new life

Anyone that has lost a foal (or mare) know what you are going through. I really feel for you right now but sometimes things just happen and there is nothing you can do. You can do all the "WHAT IF"S" and it doesn't change things. I am so glad you had a vet that was able to help your mare.

default_no.gif
So sorry for your loss! {{{HUGS}}} to you and your new mare!

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
I agree with what others have said though-- this is NOT your fault. You did the best you could for this mare, and she is alive and well because of it. That is huge! It hurts to lose a foal, but it would be so much worse to lose the mare along with it. {{{{hugs}}}}

I'm SO sorry for your loss!
default_sad.png

I think it was just something that happened, something that can (and does) happen to any of us. Not anyone's fault. {{{{Hugs}}}} to you and your mare.

Sorry for your loss and you saved the mares life. Once she went into labor u did the best u could for her. She could have ended up in a much worse place. She is a lucky mare!

Tiff, I am sorry for the loss of your foal....but do you really think the traveling caused the bad positioning of the foal? Seems to me that someone greater than us put that mare in your hands........without your attention and your great vet the mare might not have survived. ((Hugs to you and the mare))

so sorry to hear about your loss Tiffany. It sounds like it isn't the sellers fault and certainly not yours. Glad the mare is okay, and having just lost one myself and trying to make sense of the "what ifs" it amazes me that the mares seem to accept and move forward. Better than us humans that is for sure.

Hugs to you and your mare. Good luck with the remaining foals coming this spring.

I just wanted to come back and say thank you again to everyone offering their condolences--I still can't believe how many genuinely nice people are on this forum. Betty (our mare) is doing really well. She's a very sweet little mare that clearly puts a lot of trust in her people. Every time I see her I thank God that we saved her. I realize that this situation could have been worse, and it's a very sobering thought. It's hard to shut out the "what ifs" but I'm getting there. I know many other forum members have had losses this year, and my heart goes out to all of you. Let's hope the rest of the season is full of blessings.

Latest posts

Back