We lost our mini MULE!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLease know you have done everything you could have done to help him, sometimes God just has very different plans for our little friends, and as much as it hurts to lose them, he is now free from any pain and romping in greener pastures. You really do need to name him, ...just so he will always be remembered by you with a name and not just our "mule" . I raise mini hinnys and I know how special they are. (((HUGS))) to you. Corinne

default_sad.png
default_sad.png
saddened by your loss
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: velma.

I am so sorry. :no: I thought he had the neatest color.

Robin

default_crybaby.gif
: He was gorgeous! I'm SO sorry they didn't save him. {{{{Hugs}}}}

I'm so sorry! I know you are heartbroken.

The clinical side of me says this might have been an Rh factor foal? Over the years, we only had one mare that had babies like this & ONLY when she was bred to a particular stud. They produced an Rh negative baby every time, but we knew, after the first loss, to test & stop any nursing of the foal for a few days (replacing colostrum from another mare). After a very few foals, we just no longer bred him & her. When bred to another stud, she never produced an Rh negative.

I didn't think of this yesterday when I responded to your post. I'm surprised, tho, the clinic didn't consider it. But, I'm not a vet, and this is only my thots on this.

As for beating yourself up -- it's not possible to think of EVERYTHING EVERYTIME....Please just sit back & know you tried. None of us is perfect. If we were, erasers would have never been invented. You obviously were very concerned & put the foal in the hands of the experts. I'm so sorry it came out this way. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
OH, I am so sorry to read this. I thought your little one was such a cutie. Some times these things happen and the best of vets and clinics don't always have an answer for us. Thinking of you.

I have decided to name him Socrates to help us learn. I printed out that site page and took it over to the vets, she wasn't there so left it for her. I hope it helps save another foal. Thanks for all your support.

I am sooo sorry for you and your little beauty. What an amazing guy I thought when you first posted about him. It is just terrible when we lose them so young, before they have a chance.
default_crybaby.gif
:

Sending hugs your way,

I am so sorry. I remember seeing his picture the other day with the great dane. He was such a cutie.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry that you lost your precious little Socrates!!

He was certainly a little doll!

Hugs to you and Socrates's Mom, I'm sure that she is grieving for her special litle man!

Oh I am so sorry to read this, I was hoping to log in and see good news about your wee boy. He was really lovely :no:

Latest posts

Back