We killed Osama Bin Laden !!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree Carin- the 'age of innocence' is long gone and will never return. There are so many kooks in the world today, I am not only sure he has been replaced but there is probably a long line waiting for that spot!
default_new_shocked.gif

I don't think anyone is celebrating the death of a human being. I think it's more symbolic. Its not the man - it's the deeds. I think we're celebrating the end of the deeds. It gives us back that little bit of control. For the past 10 years our lives have changed because of this man. Just try to fly and you'll see that. He took our innocence. He took our feeling of safety. We all sat as a nation in shock and horror as the twin towers were brought to the ground with peoples family members still inside. He changed us that day. The attack on the Cole happened on foreign soil, the Embassy bombings were on foreign soil but Usama brought his hate to our home. He changed an entire nation. We all realized that we're not safe anywhere. He declared war.

He took away our feeling of control. He killed thousands and got away with it.

I don't think it's the killing on of man that we're celebrating. I think it's deeper than that. I think we're celebrating the tiny bit of control we get back knowing he's no more. The satisfaction of knowing the person responsible for such horrendous evil is no longer getting away with it.

An eye for an eye makes the world blind...Yes, it does. But, IMO you have to take that in the context of everyday people making a difference, caring, sharing, giving. Once in a while in the worlds history evil exists. Hitler, Usama (won't go into the list) you can't convince these people not to do what they do. My sons college roommate's grandfather was taken into Auschwitz as a child. 53 of his family members went in with him. His mother, father, grandparents on both sides, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins and friends. He came out alone. I would celebrate the end of Hitler too.

The end of Usama Bin Laden won't rewind the clock. It won't give us back our feelings of safety and innocence but it's a small symbolic step in that direction...that's what I think we're celebrating.
Well said!

We hear on the news on almost a daily basis how some young soldier has lost their life and we hardly pause in our busy lives to realize what has just happened. It's a blip on the news between getting a glass of wine and starting to cook dinner.

Someone's loved one, someone's child, brother, sister, husband, wife, friend has just paid the ULTIMATE price so that we can sit here and have this debate.
And it's not only that a soldier paid the ultimate price.... it's a life-altering event for his/her family, as well. Children left father-less, women made widows at a young age... parents who have to bury a child... I can't imagine the grief.

Having had a grandson in Afghanistan was a daily exercise in gut-wrenching. Every morning, the first thing on TV was the news, and we always listened for any news of American soldiers being killed, or of roadside bombs going off, or of a Humvee being attacked with resultant casualties, and every time we'd hear of such an event all we could do was wait by the phone to see if the news would reach us that it was "our" grandson among the wounded or killed.

On one occasion we heard of a roadside bomb, with some Americans wounded, but none seriously, and no casualties, so we weren't concerned. About 90 minutes after hearing that, we DID get a phone call from our son, saying that our grandson WAS in that attack, but he only required two bandaids. You just never know.

As I said earlier, our grandson got home safely, and we were able to have lunch with him and his wife today, but he will be sent back there on a second tour. Then the worries start all over again.

And it's not only that a soldier paid the ultimate price.... it's a life-altering event for his/her family, as well. Children left father-less, women made widows at a young age... parents who have to bury a child... I can't imagine the grief.

Having had a grandson in Afghanistan was a daily exercise in gut-wrenching. Every morning, the first thing on TV was the news, and we always listened for any news of American soldiers being killed, or of roadside bombs going off, or of a Humvee being attacked with resultant casualties, and every time we'd hear of such an event all we could do was wait by the phone to see if the news would reach us that it was "our" grandson among the wounded or killed.

On one occasion we heard of a roadside bomb, with some Americans wounded, but none seriously, and no casualties, so we weren't concerned. About 90 minutes after hearing that, we DID get a phone call from our son, saying that our grandson WAS in that attack, but he only required two bandaids. You just never know.

As I said earlier, our grandson got home safely, and we were able to have lunch with him and his wife today, but he will be sent back there on a second tour. Then the worries start all over again.
My sisters husband was killed 4 years ago this memorial day. He left my sister who was 25 or so at the time a my Nephew who has has of course a really hard time of it since. But he still wants to grow up and be just like daddy and although I doubt she went into the street and celebrated she did say she felt some kind of justice. Zack was a great man who is truly missed and a hero. I know the worries while they are gone weebiscuit and also know the horror it is to see 3 chaplains show up at your door. Nothing worse than that in the world but I know my sister is proud of him even though it is hard and if this offers her and the thousands of other families some sense of justice, however small than I am glad he is dead and I am also glad a American Soldier did it

396588369.jpg

his last pic she took before he left....this is who they Killed Bin Laden for IMHO and the Tens of thousands of other men, women and children he had a hand in killing. I'm sorry anyone has a problem with it but my family and I sure don't
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If a cougar or bear attacked Keith or one of my animals, I would kill it withour hesitation. I would be thankful it and the threat it represented was gone, and I would be proud that I had the strength and perserverance to protect those I loved.

I would not regret my actions, but I would be sorrowful that I had had to kill a living being, regretting that its viciousness made taking its life necessary.

And, in the end, I would revere life all the more.

I dont think anyone is regretting that the creep is dead and dumped as fish bait... it's the manner in which people are reacting publicly- which the rest of the world sees and makes opinions/comments on. I would like to think that America has a little more class than the uneducated simpletons that Bin Laden recruited to join his cause. JMHO and not worth 2 cents, but perhaps I am wrong there.

than the uneducated simpletons that Bin Laden recruited to join his cause.
The REALLY scary part about this, is that this statement is so very wrong. So very many of his followers are very well-educated people...as was he...was not he himself educated at a US University? Oh no...tis not the gibbering fools I fear...to have pulled off 9/11 took brains and planning...no uneducated simpletons there.

was he...was not he himself educated at a US University?
He was a VERY highly trained "asset" so his education FAR exceeded anything you get at a university and this is a matter, not born of opinion, but of public fact.

Bob's Baubles

"Nose rings inserted while you wait"

It doesn't matter if they are educated or not. These people are religious extremists. "Faith" in what they believe is so diametrically opposed to reality/facts that they don't "think". They're indoctrinated from birth. This is such a misogynistic religion - these men have a LOT to loose. They're filled with hate and we're the biggest obstacle they're facing to spreading their vile, woman hating, oppressive religion.

Makes me want to wear a thong and a wet tee shirt - because I live in the USA and CAN
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Back