We have the BEST NEWS EVER!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Although some believe we have been through a lot, we however continue to feel like we are so truly blessed, and it happened yet again today.

Little Miss Riley had an appointment at the ENT, went through several tests. Many thought her vocal cords were paralized due to being on the vent for some time after open heart surgery. The doctors all said lets wait for about 6 months and see how she does.

Riley is just over 6 months old. Her cardiology appointments are darn near perfect.

And today her tests DID show movement in her vocal cords!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
default_risa8.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

It is still a little early to tell if she will have any problems with speach, or if her voice will sound different,,,the doctors were rather cautious, and warned it may still take a year to know, but do feel the movement is significant enough to at least be optomistic about future improvement. Only time will tell how far she will come, but right now, better is better!

It is no secret, I talk a lot, but I betcha one day this little girl has her grandma beat!!

That is awesome Caroline! And she will be bossing her brother around sooner than later!

Oh that is just fantastic, brought a happy tear to my eye..

God Bless those precious babies.

Carolyn-

That is the best news. I am so glad to hear that Riley is showing some progress.

We were told that Noah might have to have some speech therapy as his vocal cords had some damage when he was vented for this last surgery. His cry is quieter. Initially I didn't tell his mom why I wanted to know when he cried - not until she told me he was crying but quieter, did I tell her my concerns. He is absolutely wonderful - wish I could figure out how to post his pics. She brought him over Monday night and said she wants to come often as she wants him to know his grandparents. He is a sweetheart and I'm enjoying every minute with him.

Keep up the good news with your little ones.

Barbie

PS: I bet one day she WILL talk a lot!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back