we got some bad news yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
My 84 year old mother who has done so well after having 2 strokes and has been getting stronger and doing better than she has for 2 years was diagnosed yesterday with breast cancer.

The good news is that it is small and they think they can get it all with a lumpectomy. The big worry is that she will have a problem with the anesthetic.

We are to hear next Monday when they will schedule the surgery.

This is the same woman who weighed a whopping 57 lbs when we brought her home from the hospital 3 years ago and has gained up to 106 and had the feed tube removed. She is a very strong willed person and we have no doubt that she will beat this too.

So, I would like to ask for prayers that the surgery goes well and she has no problems with the anesthetic.

Thanks,

Mary

Prayers on the way, Mary. Your mom must be one tough little lady!

MA

Sending prayers for your precious mum.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

I am so sorry you and your mom will be in my thoughts

Good luck! I'm sure since she's such a fighter, she'll do okay. Sounds a lot like my Mom, who is 87, soon to be 88. Be prepared though for the after effects of the anesthetic. Each time Mom has surgery, after breaking both hips, and having stomach surgery, her mind goes. Each time, it takes a little longer for her to come back to normal. This last surgery, last month, has taken even longer, but she is starting to make sense again most of the time. She will be having a conversation, and suddenly she is back in time again, and puts in a paragraph or two of nonsense, then just as suddenly, she's back. She doesn't have dementia, but it is just one of the consequences of having anesthetic, stress, and etc. at her age. If this happens to your mom, just speak to the Dr.'s, and probably in no time she'll be back to her old self. It can be very humorous while at the same time very disturbing. Just keep in mind that this too shall pass!

Mary, Your Momma sounds like one amazing lady. I will keep her in my good thoughts and prayers.

:no: Oh no...I feel so bad for what your mom is going through, and has been through. She definately sounds like a very strong woman, and I'll be praying that she pulls through this with flying colors.
default_pray.gif
:

Mary

Prayers
default_pray.gif
: and hugs for your Mom. She sounds like a very strong lady and her strength will get

her thru this. Thoughts and prayers are coming your family's way.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

What a remarkable woman.

Hugs

Bonnie

Sending Prayers to your Mom and your Family:pray:
default_pray.gif
:

Everything will be okay. I am a Breast Cancer Survivor of almost 2 years!

I am 43 and mine was Stage 3 and I had to have Chemotherapy and Radiation and I am still here fighting! :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

If you have any questions feel free to email me anytime!
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando:

Jeri

My mom just went through this a couple of years ago. She also was able to "just" have a lumpectomy and then radiation afterwards.....that was the harder part. Sounds like your mom is one tough ladie!! I'll be praying for her.
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Mary,[/SIZE]

Sending lots of prayers to you and your Mom!

Bill

I will keep her in my prayers. Can they do the surgery with using like some kind

of local's, and not put her under. Or would this be to much stress on her? Just a

thought. I will keep her in my prayers, what is her name.

Vicky

Oh no Mary!
default_sad.png

When I met your mom several years ago, I could see that she's a strong lady. I see where you got it from!

STRONG PRAYERS for your mom. {{{Hug}}} Hang in there Mary.

She sounds like one heck of an amazing lady!!! Best of luck to her and her family!

Mary, I am so sorry to hear this...being a breast cancer surviver myself, I know how terrifying the big C word is. Since it is small I bet she will be just fine. Sending prayers your way for all of you.

Love, Clara

Latest posts

Back