We got shot at today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
As any other Saturday my grandma and I went to get sawdust. The sawmill we normally go to is doing walnut this week so we went to a different one. We were filling our truck up when we heard some hunters shooting. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked around. The next thing we know we heard a couple pings and realized that the shots were coming at us! The guys at the sawmill yelled at us to get down. They called the cops and one guy went and chased them with his big tractor! I don't know what season it is but I'm asuming pheasant because they had to have been shooting up in the air since they shot over 3 buildings to get to us. Luckily they missed the LP tank (barely) or we would've been blown up! Just thought I would share my exciting morning! And all be safe out there!

Thank goodness you are ok......One reason I hate hunting and guns...........
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]In Michigan its deer hunting, gun season, sounds like you came across the idiots that shoot at anything that moves. Makes the good hunters look bad, my husband tries to get a deer and we eat like fools, YUM. There is several people that have had thier animals(livestock) shot here, its on the other board I visit. [/SIZE]
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

The guy should of flatten them with that tractor.

Just glad you are both OK.

Maybe there should be an open season on idiot hunters!

No-brainer......if there's a building or inhabitants within rifle range...NO SHOT!

Our friends had their grandchildren in the living room with sliding windows facing the back property. While adoring the deer, it went down...shot dead by a hunter. Good 'ol Mr. Schumacher wouldn't let the fool have his "prey".
new_shocked.gif

Poor kids were traumatized at the thought of a missed shot that could've hit any one of them.

Hunters seem to forget the golden rules of shooting once something passes the scope. KNOW what is behind where you are shooting. For some reason they just assume that their bullet/shot will hit whatever they are aiming at. Stupid people. Glad you were all ok!

I'm glad you guys are OK.

Pepipony.......not ALL hunters do that. Some of us, actually MOST of us are very aware of our surroundings and in reality MOST of us don't hunt where there are houses. It isn't fair to lump all hunters together.
nono.gif
I'm not going to get into a debate with anyone on this but come on.....BE FAIR!

I am really sorry that there are those idiots out there that do make hunters and gun enthusiasts look bad.

Minimule.....I absolutely agree with you!

Having three deer run in front of our vehicles in ONE YEAR, causing major vehicular damage, one understands a need to cull the herd. When folks bait deer throughout the year, then stop after hunting season, the remaining herd runs the risk of starving during winter. It's just a vicious cycle.

Sadly, yahoos shooting toward "civilization", hitting horses, cattle, tractors, etc., is what makes the evening news. Paints ALL hunters with a broad brush of negative stereotype.

Cindy

My husband and I used to hunt ..... not for pleasure, but because it helped our food budget. At the time we lived out in a very rural area and the local farmers and ranchers gave the "locals" permission to hunt on their wheat fields.

It was the the local folk who hunted by the rules and respected people's property. And the "city hunters" were looked down on and bad mouthed because they would shoot at anything that moved, cut fences, tresspassed, etc.

Unfortunately it's those few BAD APPLES who ruin it for the other people who are responsible.

MA

[SIZE=14pt]That is why we hunt too, one deer can make the freezer pretty full, pretty good for $30 and if we get a doe and a buck, holy moly, like processing one of our cows! We have 98 ac and only hunt on our land but we find others that also try to hunt on our land, makes me crazy because of my children and horses and livestock, I know where that stuff is but they may not. The bad ones do wreck the sport for us good hunters.[/SIZE]
wacko.gif

Latest posts

Back