We got one from the private collection!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
Well, we wanted to wait till she was all clipped, but just can't hold it in any more! We purchased Lucky Harts Private Lil Broad. A gorgeous filly out of A stable Business Buck Private. For those of you who don't know Puck took the show ring by storm last year in halter,driving and costume all the way to the national level. Our little girl will be in training and shown by Claybury training center for 2008. Here is a picture taken last weekend. Oh yeah and under all that hair she has the tinest dished head with teacup muzzle and little tipped ears. We can't wait to get her shaved!!!

See picture in posting below. Thanks Connie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheres the photo??
default_laugh.png

Congrats on a GREAT addition to your herd!!! I've seen that little lady many times. I'm sure you're going to love her. I know I LOVE mine!!!
default_wub.png

I just seen her the other day! I will be going back up to visit in the not to distance future. HOpe to love on all the horses and of coarse check out the Puck kids.

Lucky hart has posted that they are waiting to watch puck "fly" this year.

Well Lavern.... If you look close his daughter already has a head start. None of her feet are on the ground. We are hoping she not only follows in his footsteps in halter, but when old enough in driving also. Then on to be a great broodmare. We have high hopes for this little girl!

By the little response I got on her, I think all her winter hair has some of you fooled.
default_unsure.png

So I can't wait to see what you think once she has been clipped. She has one of the thickest/longest winter coat I have seen on a mini.

In the mean time I will have to sit tight and watch everyone else show us what they got in the warmer weather climates. I sure wish we were to that point. It is like Christmas when you can clip out those coming yearlings.

Any guesses as to what color she will be? We are hoping buckskin. It looks like she might be a dun. Her daddy, for those who aren't familiar is bucksin and mom is black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!! She looks like she is a mover. Bet she is a buckskin too.

Congrats -- she is very cute -- looks very fluffy too -- I bet she will be stunning once you get her clipped out and can see what is under all that hair
default_smile.png

Congrats again on her!

Don't even get me started on the thick winter coats! My little filly looks just the same and I am dying to see what's under there. I should go snap a pic of her today so you can see we are in the same boat.

As far as color goes, I am 95% sure Puck is actually a dun. His first foal crop was almost all duns of every shade you could imagine - very pretty. My little girl is either a red dun carrying silver or a silver bay dun. It's hard to tell yet. I will have to go get that pic of her and share....

Yes please share. I would love to see a picture of yours. We have a 30" gelding who gets really wooly, but not as much as her. We are hoping for a wonderful, well put together little girl when she gets clipped.

Tell me about the Wool. They were born that way. When people asked what they looked like, I said," Most of them look like Suffolk Sheep." with these little black heads and black tiny legs and a BLACK strip down their backs, and then 4 inches of wool padding.

Oh, it looks like Renee Llittle Renee) has taken good care of her.

Here's my little lady in her fuzzy glory. I can't wait to take the clippers to her face. The poor girl has a huge beard going on! She is just an absolute sweetie - very curious and willing, which she gets from her daddy. Not real sure what height she'll mature at. Her dam is 35.5". I think she was 21" at birth if I remember right. Well here's Roxy (and my Dad's BOB gelding). Can't see it in these pics but she's got a pretty, dark red stripe down her back and into her tail.

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like your filly has a pretty head also. I can't wait to see these guys clipped. Whats up with the beards? Our filly has one too. I have never seen them so long AND thick. It must either be a Puck thing, or a North Dakota thing.
default_biggrin.png

We will have to share again once they are clipped!

Oh yeah... Lavern- Renee, yes the other Renee is taking very good care of her.

I think we are on Renee overload here
default_wink.png
Yes Rachel, I do believe you are right. Try emailing each other and speaking about the other. (Yes there are 3 of us) You never quite get used to it. I think it is so funny being our name is not that common and to have the 3 of us be in such close contact.

So if I want to confuse everyone we bought the horse from a Renee, she is in training with a Renee, and I am Renee.......and I see there are other Renee's on the forum. Yikes.

Latest posts

Back