way to go amhr

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelveoaks

Reaction score
" :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
: rumor has it" that the amhr are checked papers very close at the nationals and at least one horse did not match and was not allowed to show i myself is glad to know that this is being done also the same "rumor has it" that amateur classes are also being check very close . i am glad to see that they are trying to give the little person a chance and not have to show aganist a professional.

way to go amhr
default_yes.gif
:

I hope so. This is important to all of us, and I hope it applies to every exhibitor, big and small, amateur or pro.

Liz M.

Yes, they were walking around all sides of the horse going over the papers compairing against each other, and taking their time in doing so, I didn't hear of any problems occurring with diffferences. They did a great job this year and Nationals and we have no complaints of anything, well run show from our area of being in the Super Duty Barn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to hear this! I hope they continue to check things over. There are still problems, but things can get better if they work on it. I know in my ammy class there was someone showing who I'd been told in the past was warned to keep out of the ammy classes or all the accumalated points would be erased (this was from showing at local shows) but I saw her in Ammy at the Area show and also in my class at Nationals. :eek: Oh well.

I believe there was someone normally involved in A horses that was in an Ammy class at Nationals that should not have been- I heard a complaint was filed. Not sure and dont know the outcome. The person is a trainer- did they think they would not be recognized by others at R?
default_wacko.png
:

AMHR needs to check papers on horses entered in Owned, Breed and Shown By classes next.
Sheryl

I know they have checked in the past as I think year before last or last year Jeanne came down and said I'd have to choose b/w the two I had entered......thinking it was Angel and Cloverbud; I had planned on showing one and dad showing the other, as dad is listed as the owner along with my name (as for the incentive classes the name has to be "directly" listed on the papers)(* now that was something I saw several listed in the book and called out differently)

But back to that year, Dad isn't listed as the dam's owner, just me soley.....and she said it had to be listed on both, even if we are "related" as in father-daughter.

Same year as above, I know Haley didn't get to show horses that were listed as owned/bred by "LTD"- lisa davis.......and "haley" wasn't printed on the papers.

I did see some show and place in the owned/bred class in which the owner didn't own the stallion at the time, but bought the mare(carrying the foal being shown)......I don't personally know the rules for this class as in ownership of the dam only before foaling, or of the dam at time of breeding, or actually the breeder too? I would think the later as it's suppose to be your program showing, but I don't know that.

I believe Erica, to be considered the breeder you have to own the mare at the time of service not at the time of foaling.

Of course now if you are able to get the purchase date of a mare in foal changed to just prior to when the breeding began, you will be listed as the breeder.

In regards to mare owner at time of foaling; if you own the mare at the time of foaling you own the foal. If you do not own the mare at time of foaling, the breeder owns the foal and a transfer of ownership will also have to be done on said foal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there was someone normally involved in A horses that was in an Ammy class at Nationals that should not have been- I heard a complaint was filed. Not sure and dont know the outcome. The person is a trainer- did they think they would not be recognized by others at R?
default_wacko.png
:
I'm not saying this is the person you're referring to, and it actually doesn't matter who it is, but I did learn this morning that the Amateur card was yanked from someone who showed ammy at the National show, but also was clearly involved with a trainers horses. I don't care who it is or how powerful they perceive themselves to be, you have to follow the rules! And kudos to AMHR, and whoever filed the complaint, for doing the right thing! :aktion033:

Here's another big :aktion033: to AMHR.........my Futurity checks were already at my house yesterday, that's on the ball I think.

Latest posts

Back