WAY TO GO AMHR!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frekles93

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I for one am EXCITED about this. It just keeps HONEST people honest and puts the other OUT!! If it is not too much I think I will send my papers in and have them ALL redone to color photos on them. I also HATE to try to get all the spots right on a pinto! At least if you miss one you have a picture back up![/SIZE]

April

FINALLY. I am pleased that AMHR has realized that those tiny little diagrams as a means of ID were ridiculous... requiring photos - and eventually DNA - only makes good sense!

I must have missed it too!! But I have always sent the same pictures with my AMHR papers that I send to AMHA so they can see the filly or colt an I have always told them to keep them in the file. I have been doing that for years. So they have pic of all my horses.

I think its a great Idea to put the pic on the papers.

As far as the DNA thats going to be tough as A & R will have to share them as it would just get to pricy for the members to dish out for 2 DNA's So sharing would be good!!
default_yes.gif
:

Joyce

Yes as of 2007 any new foals will be registered with photos on there papers.

As fas as AMHA/R sharing there DNA I am not so sure it will happen or that it should. I realize money is the issue for those with double reg horses however.. I Dont see AMHA being willing to accept R DNA tests and paperwork so not sure why it would work the other way as well

[SIZE=14pt]There is a write up in this months Journal!! I think It is about time they did this... I mean if you get 1 horse that has similar markings you can switch papers SO easy. To me it just shows that R is tring to to make themselves more known as a "seriuos" registy and not a joke as some people tend to call it!![/SIZE]

April

I just hardshipped Jinx into AMHR. Jinx has been DNA'd and PQ'd for AMHA.

On Jinx's AMHR papers it says next to Stallion - DNA tested. I don't know if that means AMHR won't require him to be DNA'd now as they have a copy of his AMHA papers or what but I thought it was pretty cool to see the DNA tested on his AMHR papers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent pictures in of my new horse to register her & they did not put pictures on my papers. I just got them back last week.

Yes! I've always liked AMHR and I'm sure that more people will definately take the registry much more seriously!

I just hardshipped Jinx into AMHR. Jinx has been DNA'd and PQ'd for AMHA.

On Jinx's AMHR papers it says next to Stallion - DNA tested. I don't know if that means AMHR won't require him to be DNA'd now as they have a copy of his AMHA papers or what but I thought it was pretty cool to see the DNA tested on his AMHR papers.
Yes, when I hardshipped my stallion to AMHR using his AMHA papers, he was DNA'd. AMHR put on his papers that he was DNA'd. So perhaps to clear up the DNA issue we can always give them a copy of the horses papers that are DNA'd to put them on the AMHR papers. I don't think AMHR would require DNA, just too costly to do both registeries, but maybe this way would help.

I'm was so glad when I heard AMHR was doing pictures next year. Talk about waiting forever to do this.

And yet I just got my appy's papers back (having him transfered to my name, I just bought him) and they lived the horse diagram blank lol! Wasn't blank when I sent it in!

jessi

And yet I just got my appy's papers back (having him transfered to my name, I just bought him) and they lived the horse diagram blank lol! Wasn't blank when I sent it in!

jessi
Did they at least draw a "blanket" on it's butt? That's what they usually do for Appys...regardless of the markings you send in. I once sent in a registration for a Silver White Appy stallion who had multiple spots over his butt, back, sides & hips. I very painstakingly drew in EVERY spot....then they sent the registration back to me with a big red X across the picture. They don't draw in spots...all they do to signify an Appy is to draw a blanket over it's butt!
default_wacko.png
: Now, tell me how that would be any help in identifying a horse!There are so many different Appy patterns....leopard, blanket, snowcap, blanket & spots, varnish, snowflake, etc. Just drawing a blanket on the butt of a diagram is useless!!!

That is why using photos is soooooooooo much better....and about time!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I sent pictures in of my new horse to register her & they did not put pictures on my papers. I just got them back last week.

This new procedure of using photos on AMHR papers will not start until Jan. 2007.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just talking about this to a friend and really even pics with an appy or a sabino acn mean nothing as they change so often often from year to year.

I have a sabino colt born with a solid head he now has a blaze (sabino roaning) at a year old. He also has any more lightning type marks then he was born with even with pics he doesnt look like the same horse.

I have heard from a couple of directors that yes DNA is in the works and it will happen

I was told by Zhonna a few months back that if you have a DNA test from AMHA (not sure about the other testing facilties reports), that they would indeed add the information to the horses papers - type it in basically. She told me to send in the original R papers, DNA test results with the R registration number clearly written on it and it would be done.

She did mention that it could also be added to their files too.

My concern is that AMHR will not recognize the AMHA DNA tests in the future, and AMHA isn't going to voluntarily share or recognize R's DNA tests, so we'll get double dinged.

When that happens, I'm sure many of us will be making a decision on which registry to support. It's already bad enough supporting two with all the fees. Add in $80 for two more DNA tests - no thanks!

"Did they at least draw a "blanket" on it's butt? "

Nope, they just left it completely blank!

Jessi

I was told by Zhonna a few months back that if you have a DNA test from AMHA (not sure about the other testing facilties reports), that they would indeed add the information to the horses papers - type it in basically. She told me to send in the original R papers, DNA test results with the R registration number clearly written on it and it would be done.

She did mention that it could also be added to their files too.

My concern is that AMHR will not recognize the AMHA DNA tests in the future, and AMHA isn't going to voluntarily share or recognize R's DNA tests, so we'll get double dinged.

When that happens, I'm sure many of us will be making a decision on which registry to support. It's already bad enough supporting two with all the fees. Add in $80 for two more DNA tests - no thanks!
One solution would be for amhr to use the same labs as amha and then if a horse already has dna on file the fee could be reduced immensely by only needing a copy of the results..................just a thought

Back