WATSON SAYS... (pets say the darndest things!)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Watson is my best friend and baby. He is about 1 foot tall, knows it all and weighs 12 pounds. He is a shih-tzu and the third out-of-a-story book dog that has blessed my life.

Probably because I'm weird, I always talk for our dogs and Watson is the one I talk for the most. Drives Harvey nuts but sometimes he cannot help but laugh at the outrageous things Watson has been known to say. Like Winston before him, he tends to use a lot of curse words, and has some serious cultural misunderstandings about the world in which he finds himself.

Anyway, the other day Watson was reflecting and he said:

"I want some
mini
horses one day, but all my horses are freaking
huge
. I keep hearing mom talk about miniature horses, but my horses are the biggest &^%$# things I've ever seen!"
(actually cleaned up a bit because he dropped the F bomb more than once.)

In addition to some excessive cussing by a few, all of our pets, except our collie, have a different political point of view than H and I share -- but I won't go there as it would probably ruffle feathers and I hope this will be a fun thread! However, this diversity of opinions has been behind some interesting discussions at our house.

What about your pets? Do they say anything funny? Or would they if they could?

Watson--011609--010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing, ALL of our animals speak....the six cats, two dogs and four horses. Oddly enough, they all have exactly the same voice. Hm.....must be a species specific thing. LOL (hubby just groans and rolls his eyes)

Both of ours talk as well....the most common phrase they say to us is "shut your mouth"...lol

The dogs talk here particularly our grumpy old mini pin Remi. Unfortunately I can't repeat anything he says.
default_new_shocked.gif

Since Buddy is a terrier, his most common comment is disgust and amazement that lizards are not in the same prey category as mice. "But it's little, it lives under stuff, and it runs! WHY can't I chase it?"

Everytime the neighbor girls come over Pixi (Blue healer mix ) asks if I can get her a girl of her own. I always tell her no cause I'm spayed just like her! Funny dog.

Jill, love your Shih Tzu.

My cocker spaniel Beamer is a very needy dog. All he says is "Just love me mummy, just love me".
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

And I do.

The ponies and donkeys speak in one voice...................."But we're starving".

My animals don't swear. I'm embarrassed to say they leave that up to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
dandygate10.JPG

Well those that know me..know that my Rhotens Lil Dandy son, NFCs Candy Dandy is my main squeeze. We got in him 1996. At one time, we had 7 stallions in our arena stalls (has 7 stalls). When I am working with another horse, if that horse gives me a hard time, Dandy will yell. It is too funny and predictiable too!

My vet was here once and I told her if she ever gets a call from our farm saying "Please make an appointment to come geld all the stallions in the arena at Cherokee Stables...EXCEPT for the bay roan pinto....to please call me first...that Dandy was making calls without my knowledge!!!! The vet just broke up laughing and said she could totally see that happening! Good laugh...fun, fun, fun horse.

The pic above is him at 18yrs old watching me in the aisle of the arena.

Buck sticks out his tongue while shaking his head when I tell jokes in the barn! He smiles real big and then does it if the children laugh. I am not sure what he is really saying. He also does it when he makes a goal playing kiddie soccer. I know that means 'I did it so where's the treat?"

176922020007_187426162007_1000_0009.jpg

DSCN0865.JPG

DSCN0867.JPG

Around my house there's an awful lot of "Who, me?!"
default_rolleyes.gif
My cat Maxim has that one down pat.

From the horses I get more "Mom! Mom. Mooom. Mom! MOM!! Do you see me? Mom? Over here! Mom. MOM. MOM!! Hello? Mom? Mommmm...Pick me!" Kody has been known to whisper "I'm her favorite" with a mulish air and pouty lip.

Turbo's a very quiet boy. He's the one jumping up and down in the corner with his hand in the air but mostly he uses puppy dog eyes and sign language to get his point across. He lets his snarky (but secretly vulnerable and not-so-secretly loving) older brother Kody do all the talking.

Leia

Yes, all my critters have their own language....and all do it in their own unique way.

The best and most latest was Thurs morning when I was herding with Moxie....she kept wanting to walk up on a 'come by', which I did NOT want her to do. So I stopped her, let the sheep settle, and realized, oh crap, I need her to push the sheep back on a 'come by' so I can get them around the barrel.
default_blush.png
Oopsie....the look on Moxie's face when I asked her to do a short 'come by' then lie right down was priceless.... 'you dumb @ss mom. If only you'd listened to ME'. I apologized to her profusely! LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

Back