waterproof mini blankets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My2Minis

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good quality water proof blanket to fit a deep-bodied mini? I got a Glover and it won't reach to cover Katie's ample midsection, but the length is fine and I like the quality. She is built like an old style Shetland pony in spite of being only 34 inches tall and wearing a size 48 blanket. So her body is deep but short. I also need a blanket that is not insulated. Thanks!

Ozark has a lined waterproof sheet by Triple L and I know from experience they can add to the belly band if you need it. The Kensington Waterproof blanket is also very nice.

www.minitack.com

Magic also wears a 48", but he is 35.5" tall. He has a Weatherbeeta Orican. They come in both sheet and blanket. I think you can find them on Justforponies, but I have had good luck with e-bay. I got Magic's blanket for $27 last year (and it is normally over $100, but it is totally worth it). It fits him well. All of the straps are the right length and it doesn't hang too low. He has another brand sheet, but it itsn't cut right for him, it hangs too low and the belly straps are too long. L

I used to really like Polar shield but they have changed the material and it will build up a big static charge and needless to say my mini's don't like getting zapped when taking it off.

I had a polar shield blanket for Magic (until one of my big boys got it and SHREDED it). It did not have to proper drop to cover his belly. The actual length of the material covered his belly, but the stuffing stopped very short. Other then that it is a nice blanket, especially for the price. While I would not hesitate to buy another one (if he needed another blanket), I would not use it if his belly was clipped because I did not feel it would keep his belly warm enough. L

Magic also wears a 48", but he is 35.5" tall. He has a Weatherbeeta Orican. They come in both sheet and blanket. I think you can find them on Justforponies, but I have had good luck with e-bay. I got Magic's blanket for $27 last year (and it is normally over $100, but it is totally worth it). It fits him well. All of the straps are the right length and it doesn't hang too low. He has another brand sheet, but it itsn't cut right for him, it hangs too low and the belly straps are too long. L
Thanks! I will check that one out.

Back