Watching the AMHR Nationals and the AMHA World shows got me to thinkin.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little lady

Reaction score
Being new to miniatures I was wondering(and dreaming)what one has to do to qualify for these shows? I got my AMHA rule book out and if I understand it depending on the horse/class you want to enter you have to have X amount of points in order to qualify for AMHA Worlds. Is that correct? And what about Regional Championship qualifications?

What about AMHR Nationals?

Inquiring minds want to know...
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't show AMHR, so I can't comment on that. For AMHA World, you have to either place Top Ten at Regionals (now called Central/Eastern/Western Championship Show) or get the required number of points from showing at local shows. To qualify for Regionals you must have shown the horse at a local show.

unsure.gif
I "think" for AMHR you have to show under 4 judges at two different shows. And I think there are special qualifications for youth, maybe different from what I wrote above, maybe something like show at one show but they have to be shown in youth classes. Hope I'm right, pretty close though.

I don't show AMHR, so I can't comment on that. For AMHA World, you have to either place Top Ten at Regionals (now called Central/Eastern/Western Championship Show) or get the required number of points from showing at local shows. To qualify for Regionals you must have shown the horse at a local show.
Just so in my mind I understand: AMHA-To qualify for Regional must show at one Local show-placing doesn't matter. To show World-I comprehend!

Also another question:AMHA-Level 1/Level 2-is determined by the person showing years. Level 1-person showing less than two years and or less than 50pts. Level 2-person who exceeds Level 1. Both run calendar year.

And...AMHA-ROM-20 points in any one event.

What about AMHR?

AMHR two shows, four judges = Qualified

Open and Amateur do not need to qualify in every event they go into at Nationals. (You could show in only color at local shows and be qualified for everything except youth at Nationals.)

Youth must show the horse before Nationals but don't know for sure if they must show the horse once or twice and if they have to show in every event they plan to at Nationals.

AMHA is a point system and you need to qualify for each class.

There are built in loop holes though, if you show at a local show you are "qualified" to show at one of the Regional shows. I "believe" if you show there you are automatically qualified for World regardless if you have enough points or not. Each class has a different set of points, jr stallion 31-33 requires more points than under 28" because they factor in that there will be fewer entries in that class.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about AMHA qualifying for the world show. I do know what qualifies for the AMHR nationals, but went to the rule book on the website and the rule is as follows.

C. Horse Qualifications:

1. Must be AMHR registered at least 60 days prior to

the closing date of entries of the National Show.

Exceptions: Current year foals which must be

registered by the opening date of the show.

2. In order to show at the National Show all horses

must have been shown at sanctioned AMHR

Shows under four approved Judges at two or more

locations. Shows held at the same location must

have five days between each show in order for

each show at the location to be a qualifying show

for the AMHR National Show. The National Area

Show counts as three approved Judges. Each set

of points awarded at the show count as a Judge.

(Example: the National Area Show has three sets

of points so shall count as a three Judge show;

likewise the National show has five sets of points

so shall count as five Judges). The show

qualification shall be from the date of the

preceding National Show to the date of the

National Show entered. Verification for shows

within 21 days of the National Show is the

responsibility of the owner/agent. The preceding

National Show shall not count as a qualifying

show. Foals of the current year are not required to

qualify for the National Show.

3. A horse does not have to qualify in a class or

classes to enter a class or classes at the National

Show. (Example: A horse may show in the model

class under four Judges and then enter the color

class at the National Show.)

Following is qualifications for youth.

5. No post entering of youth classes. Neither horse

nor youth can be changed after the closing date.

6. Youth qualifying for National Show – To qualify

for the National Show, the youth and miniature

horses entered must have shown together under

two (2) judges prior to the National Show. The

youth must qualify by showing that horse in a

youth class or classes. In addition, the horse must

also qualify as normal for AMHR Nationals.

Latest posts

Back