Wasn't meant to be....:(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
Fate just decided our name, Navarre Mini Acres, is destined to never be on a foal. Our maiden mare was bred to our stallion last year (one time only) and it took but she delivered a still born this morning. Since no one is breeding and the stallion had been up for sale and didn't sell, we gelded him last fall. It's hard to tell but from the greyish look it would have looked like the father minus the pinto or been a black shade of some sort. So sad but I knew the possiblities going into this.

Our mare seems to be all right even though she had a hard time. Her milk changed 2 weeks ago and she was on medicine from the vet. She went into labor around 9p.m. and then stopped and then started again before 6 this morning. Everything came out all at once, foal and placenta. So probably detached at some time. We would have called it Awesome's Finale. downsized950422120856.jpg

I am SO sorry for your loss and I know how eagerly you were awaiting this foal. I have read (and think it is what happened to us twice) that Rhino will cause the placenta to be delivered with the foal even if it is full term. Rhino is better known for causing late term abortions but sometimes the mare will carry longer.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

I'm SO sorry.
default_sad.png

So sorry, deffinately the crappy part of breeding. Thank you for sharing. As seasoned breeders move on and new ones come to this board for wisdom, it is deffinately an important thing for them to see and share in these hard times. I am so sorry for your loss, it is important for new comers to understand the dangers and risks involved. I am happy to hear your mare is coping well.

So sorry for your loss. It is one of the hardest parts of breeding minis. So sad, I hope your mare continues to improve each day as do you. Again, so sorry
default_sad.png

Nothing can ease your pain, but just know that as 'mini breeders,' we understand. HUGS to you and your family.

Awww...so sorry. I know how excited you were, and i was looking forward to a happy new foal announcement from you....

Thanks to everyone. Yes, I was excited to have a new little foal and especially one between these two special horses that I have been showing for a few years.

I actually think my daughter and my husband are having a harder time than I am. I tear up when I read your condolences but they were so very dissapointed. I guess it hadn't registered with them that this could "happen to us".

I was very aware. Not expecting it but as time drug on I sensed that something was wrong. I guess the up side, if there is one, is that I'll have my sweet Mandy back to show (eventually) this year.

Latest posts

Back