Wantsley Horses - Mrs Seymour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerbont

Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason I'm unable to pm Rabbitsfizz direct. I'm hoping that since she was familiar with Mrs Seymour's horses, she may also recall her Falabella mare called Blackbird. Or is anyone else able to give me information about this mare please?

Cheers!

Was the mare registered as Wantsley Blackbird. Two of my minis have Wantsley in their breeding.

My original spotted stallion was Wantsley bred on his sire's side, but as he was born in 1982 I think any knowledge that I might have of the Wantsley breeding might be a bit far back to be of use to you. Will pm you with the name of someone who may be able to help if you cant get hold of Jane.

Shall be interested to see what others on here might have to say -- the Wantsley blood lines spread a long way throughout spotted horses in the UK and were/are very popular.

Anna

My original spotted stallion was Wantsley bred on his sire's side, but as he was born in 1982 I think any knowledge that I might have of the Wantsley breeding might be a bit far back to be of use to you. Will pm you with the name of someone who may be able to help if you cant get hold of Jane.
Shall be interested to see what others on here might have to say -- the Wantsley blood lines spread a long way throughout spotted horses in the UK and were/are very popular.

Anna
Blackbird was never known as Wantsley Blackbird as far as I'm aware. Mistlethrush Of Kilverstone was by Wantsley Ariel out of Blackbird, born in 1980 according to the AMHA, and in 1976 according to her IFMHS registration pedigree. I'm not sure if Mrs Seymour sold Blackbird to Lady Fisher, or just her filly.

Oh some interesting history... I had an appy that had Wantsley in the background- a stallion here by the name of Wantsley Sarsem (I am sure he is probably deceased by now!!) She was a granddaughter or something. I would love to know more about the Wantsley, Kilverstone, etc.... horses.

Latest posts

Back