virtual show for the WCMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
Did anyone else enter the virtual show for the World Class Miniature Horse registry. They were to have a photo gallery of the entries, and judging on 8/31. However, I have tried to get in touch with them by phone and e-mails, because I am unable to find the photo gallery. I was wondering if anyone else is having such problems?

If you or anyone else on here entered into that show be very careful. I'm not sure if you had to pay or not but they had a contest similiar to that and if your horse won you got something. I had a couple who won and never received anything and you had to pay to enter.

People often cannot get ahold of them. IMO and I'm sure others agree its time WCMHR shut itself down.

If you or anyone else on here entered into that show be very careful. I'm not sure if you had to pay or not but they had a contest similiar to that and if your horse won you got something. I had a couple who won and never received anything and you had to pay to enter.

People often cannot get ahold of them. IMO and I'm sure others agree its time WCMHR shut itself down.

That is a shame that they would do people like that. Yes, we had to pay entry fees and such. Plus, the trouble of taking pictures and getting all hyped up over it. Do you know if there is any place that I could report them to? I have made more phone calls today, and yet they have not returned my phone calls. I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, if she is sick or something, then they need to make sure that someone is watching out for the registry. I'm really frustrated. We have such a beautiful little filly, but AMHR will not hardship anymore, and AMHA only does it if they are 5 yrs old. I am very disappointed in this place. Will keep you all posted on what happens. Thanks

In AMHA now you can hardship them at 3.

I have no clue what you can do with this type of situation. You can ask others on here who have lost out on money with registrations as well. Last I heard its being run by 1 person. But like I said it needs to be shut down.

At one point, I had WCMHR papers on all of our horses (in addition to their real AMHR / AMHA papers). I got fed up with WCMHR not sending papers to people, not keeping track of the results of their ONE show of the year, etc., so I threw every single paper from WCMHR away. I've never regretted it, never ever had another use for those papers, and like almost all serious miniature horse enthusiasts, I feel that the WCMHR papers add ZERO value to any miniature horse. I wouldn't waste my time or money entering any silly virtual horse show that they are running. If you like that kind of thing, Equusite's daily horse photo contests might be a great, no cost, more popular, respected, and viewed option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on the AMHA hardshipping at 3. I am glad to hear that because I have a 29 inch stallion, 3 yrs old, which is AMHR, and I wanted to put him in the AMHA.........so this is good. The little filly will have to wait since she is only a little over a year old. My husband had said all along that the WCMHR is not a good registry, I just hated to give in to it. Basically, because we need registries that will accept little horses when no one else will take them. Even if you have to get DNA done, I don't mind doing that too.

I paid by check, which I'm sure they cashed. I feel bad for the people living in other countries that are being sucked in by this registry, makes America look pretty bad.
default_sad.png
I wrote them another e-mail, and told them how I felt about what they are doing to people.

If you snail mailed them a check it could be considered mail fraud which is a federal offense. Not sure but it would be worth a try to get these people to stop taking everyones money and giving them nothing back.

I would also be sure to file a complaint with their local Better Business Bureau.

Heres the link to file a complaint with the post office.

Although the Postal Inspection Service cannot resolve routine business disputes between companies and their customers, it can act against a company or individual if there is a pattern of activity suggesting a potential scheme to defraud. Completion of this form is voluntary, but the more information that you enter, the better the Postal Inspection Service may be able to help.
Please note we may share the information you provide with other agencies when a possible violation concerns their jurisdiction. Read the Contact Us page for more information.
mail fraud link

Thanks for the info. I am going to report them to the Postal Service and see what happens. I've left enough phone messages and e-mails that this is totally ridiculous. I wonder if they really even have a REAL show once a year like they say they do or if that is just a bunch of baloney too!

This just ticks me off to no end. It's the same repeated issue, year after year, with the WCMHR. Yet, they seem to be able to get their act together enough to run banner ads, etc. If I ran my business and treated my clients in this fashion, I'd be having my housing and meals provided by the government while taking a few year's vacation in jail. After all, what do you usually call it when someone takes money from you and gives you nothing in return?

This just ticks me off to no end. It's the same repeated issue, year after year, with the WCMHR. Yet, they seem to be able to get their act together enough to run banner ads, etc. If I ran my business and treated my clients in this fashion, I'd be having my housing and meals provided by the government while taking a few year's vacation in jail. After all, what do you usually call it when someone takes money from you and gives you nothing in return?

Here in Canada the RCMP (our national police force) have a computer crime/fraud reporting centre. In the States I would imagine your FBI would also take reports on computer crimes - try searching "reporting computer crime". If this contest was advertised on the computer and you sent money to them in reply to their advertisement, then did not receive the "product", that would constitute computer fraud and I would report them there. If enough people report the same company/registry they will eventually be shut down.

Quite a few years ago I registered several Minis with the World registry and received my registrations but later on when I went to register foals with them I sent them my money, they accepted it and I have NEVER received the papers for them. After many attempts to contact them I reported them and have had nothing to do with them since. They should be shut down!

Shoot I be more then happy to help bring them down. But unfortuantly I don't think I have any records to prove it. Its been years ago and I pretty much washed my hands away from them.

This is fraud, I think if someone really wants to try hard enough you can bring them down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back