Very sad day !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixshooterfarm

Reaction score
Very very sad day for us. My 5 year old maiden mare started going into labor last night. She dident have a bag developed or anything, so I was kinda worried. Any ways it was a red bag delivery and on top of that the baby was stuck, Of course we tried and tried to get a hold of a vet to no avail! 3 people were trying to get this foal out, we tried everytrick in the book, the foal was just way too big for her pelvis and the head could not fit through the pelvis. we tried everything, after about 4 hours of trying we finally had to put the mare down cause we were already loosing her and she was suffering. I am very upset and cannot seem to quit crying, she was my best mare she had my most favorite bloodlines. God I am going to miss her!!! Why does this have to happen, and why are vets such a pain to get ahold of, we could have saved her if we could have gotten ahold of the vet! man this really bites. I feel bad for anyone who ever has to go through losing a loved family member!!
no.gif

You are in my prayers and I'm sorry about your loss. I have my first foal coming for April of 2006, I hope nothing goes wrong. My vet informed me that he will no longer be doing home/barn visits so now I have to find another vet that does minis.

Christy

Oh no!! That's my worst nightmare, losing a mare during "childbirth", especially my best or favourite one. I'm soooo sorry for your double loss.

I am so sorry this happened to you and your mare. I can only imagine the heartache for you all. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Traci

what a sad thing. I hope you manage to get over this quickly. Animals are, by nature, fragile lives, and not here for very long. By loving them we are asking for heartbreak, but we love them anyway.

Prayers to you,

Stacye

So very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose what you are most fond of.

Oh my gosh, I am sooooo sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. So sad.

Such a tremendous lose. My heart really goes out to you for I know mine would break if that ever happened to me. Hugs, mary

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. It's so hard to lose a friend like that and to lose both mom and baby, condolences. Maxine

Ah, the foaling season begins. I am SO very sorry. What a tragic loss. You are in my prayers.

Hugs!

That is my worse nightmare. I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Ginny StP

That sounds terriable.

You have some prayers coming your way!

I cannot say i know what its like to loose a mini yet being that i've only lost 1 horse and that was my dads horse ...but im already preparing for the day Coco has to leave and thats im guessing 32 years from now.
no.gif
...that will be a hard day and would take allot of strenght to get over, if i could.

I am so sorry for your loss, i cant imagine.

Leeana

So sorry for your loss. Losing a foal is hard enough, but the mares are just too hard to lose.

I know this won't help any, but we've lost a mare even with the vets (UCD repro field team) here - she was just losing her ability to fight to quickly. We did consider transporting her to UCD, but they didn't feel she would survive the trip.

I'm really very sorry for your loss.

I'm so very sorry you lost your mare and her foal. That is devastating! You tried everything you could for your mare. {{{{Hugs}}}}

I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing an animal now and then is the sad price we pay for loving them. Hope the rest of your foaling season is much better.

Jan

I am SO sorry for your loss...
no.gif

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Latest posts

Back