Update!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadyacersminis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sorry the updates are soo spaced out, Its been non stop with these mares and not much time in the house, the good news is Dee Dee is almost back to her normal self.. Still have her Isolated until we get the rest of the blood results in and can see if whatever this thing is is contageous or not....

Appy is still going uphill and downhill like a rollercoaster.... We did get some of the bloodwork back and soo far she is Negative for EIA, Toxicology test on the feed came back Negative, I dont know how to interperate the blood results but we do have some things that are High and Low, Vet says it cant point us to a specific thing yet...we are still waiting on several other tests to come in.. like the West Nile, EEE and other Viral tests...

We still have no clue whats causing this.. We are still having to watch Appy around the clock and treat her just to keep her stable...We are soo worn out I dont know how much longer we can keep going like this.. the blood test did show her Liver's not working right so we have had to take her off almost all antibiotics and stuff, We are to the point of only giving the medicine if she needs it really bad... She has been off of them several days now, but still getting a little Banamine and pain reliever when she gets really bad.... We are trying to do the best we can with what little we have...

Aww, I'm so sorry to read that she's still not out of the woods and you don't know what you're up against. That has to be so difficult.

I hope you have some answers but most of all I hope she rallies and gets better.

My thoughts are with you and her.

Liz M.

Thanks Liz,

Everyones prayres are greatly appreciated.. Its really nice to have the support of the forum family, I cant thank you all enough... This is the first time weve had any sick horses in over 2 years, but when it hit us, It hit hard... Havent even had a case of Colic.... I have a feeling this is a very unusual case were dealing with...

Thanks again everyone...

I'm so sorry...hang in there, I'll be thinking of you all.

Been there, done it all!!

Praying for a good outcome, too.
default_yes.gif
:

sending prayers!! i know how exhasuted you must be. Surely you will get an answer soon and they will turn the corner to getting well

OH Dear William, maybe these cases are not related at all.

I heard last night on Fox News that infulenza may be on the rise in southern states as well as especially but I guess your blood tests are including that.

I don't know how you are managing. I wish I was closer to lend you a hand.

What a huge nightmare for you. I sure hope you get some answers soon. I know it seems unimportant to you at the moment but make sure you take care of yourself as well.

Back