Update on sick foal @ The Event

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtman

Reaction score
Thanks for the many inquiries and prayers for T Bar T Little Barbie. She was the foal that was passed out at her mothers side at the Event Auction. Mom was lot #12. It did not look like she would survive the 1 1/2 hour trip from Lufkin to our farm but she did. We pumped her full of every thing we know of for hypoglycemic foals and repeated every hour. She has responded really great and I really think she is going to make it. :aktion033: Having problems with Mom. She is depressed and is not eating and we are giving her yogurt, vitamins, and electrolytes with a syringe. She is nibbling on the feed but not really eating. Will send pictures of the baby later this week. We had the show in Conroe and the Event this weekend, and a foal Monday morning, and horses going out today plus multiple mares on foal watch. Just not enough hours in the day. Bob

Bob,

Maybe some gastrogaurd? I hope she will be okay.

B

I'm glad that your filly is doing better. I hope her mom snaps out of whatever it is soon and you can enjoy a healthy, happy mare and filly.

Bob, I would have a vet check the mare for hyperlipemia ASAP. If you catch it quick enough it can be reversed, but fatal if not treated.

I'm so glad to hear that the foal is doing well. Try some Lixotinic for the mom and baby. You can get it at Jeffers Equine Supply. It tastes good but you may have to syringe it into her mouth. It's helped MANY MANY horses to eat and come around quickly when they were depressed and not eating.

Best wishes.....

Bob

Thank You for the update, I was one of the ones who called. Thank you for giving the

updates on the phone this afternoon to. I was just so worried about this little doll. I will

continue prayers for her and dam.

Thanks Vicky

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Bob

How is your little mare this morning?

Beth

Bob

How is your little mare this morning?

Beth
Mare and Foal are doing fine. :aktion033: Used some of the suggestions on the forum and something worked. Thanks for all the advice. There is such a wealth of experience and caring among the members of this forum! Bob
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back